Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Canada: Calgary Alberta - Panorama Mountain BC - Pender Island BC

Neat! I never knew that part of the site existed. However, that is not what I had in mind.

I was thinking something along the lines of a FAQ Maintenance section. On reflection, however, we already have that feature if we use the Search function. Unfortunately, unlike an owner wanting to resolve their specific problem, dealers are probably too lazy to search through a list of posts to find the nugget of info.

In addition to personal knowledge, I have used the Search feature in several instances with our Calgary dealer:
    (1) gave them the specific Vadis codes to change mirror settings (service rep said it couldn't be done), - my thanks to Art,
    (2) determined the reason for radio buzzing to be my cell phone (dealer hadn't a clue and was thinking of tearing the dash apart) - thank you Barry Sharp,
    (3) No solution to the constant squeak in the rear hatch but we can always remain hopeful.

Given the very small list of problems, this car has really been a positive experience. My only concern is that our service dept remains clueless. Very nice and polite but essentially unaware of their own vehicles.

John
    '04 XC70 Canadian Premium and Sport packages, Black (425,000 kms)
    '06 XC70 Ocean Race Model, IPD to 240 hp, 18" rims, Deep Blue
    Other rigs: '06 Toyota Avalon, '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee, '23 BMW330e (Plug-In-Hybrid)

Smile

I still check the forum daily & have been since 2003--the big change I've noticed is that the OSD link hasn't the excitement since late 2003 and early 2004--most new members have already got their cars and are in the reality mode rather than the dreaming mode---still a very positive site and people are very courtious and helpful.
    2010 XC60 3.2AWD; 2004 XC70 OSD both models

It's probably a little more fun to be a Porsche enthusiast than a Volvo enthusiast.

2005 XC70 Barents Blue & Taupe leather, deliv. 12/04, built 11/04
    Prem / Conv / Climate / DSTC / NAV / 650 / Sirius / 60/40 / 3rd Row / Boosters / Thule / Weathertech mats / Mud Flaps / 46% Tint / Nokian WR SUVs

serviced by Red Bank Volvo, NJ & Volvo Westport, CT
    2001 V70XC~someone else's problem vehicle now
    VolvoClub ofAmerica

Quote Originally Posted by Gundo
    ... It was completely filled with fanatics - fanatics taking pics, fanatics taking rides, fanatics enjoying the XC thoroughly. Many people had never thought they would feel so compelled to post about a vehicle. ... Rock on XC crew!
    Thatīs why I have set up my own XC-website (www.xc-fan.de) before I found these great forums ;-) But my job is going to need more time from day to day - thatīs why I just canīt do more pics, I canīt have more rides - but I enjoy my XC70 every time I sit in :-))

Regards
    Torsten - the XC-Fan (and with to less translations on my website but I hope there are enough pics ;-))

Default If you think you have it bad..

I joined this board to gain information on my wife's car,the XC70. I have had two really challanging cars,the BMW X5 and a Touareg, now there are two boards that are really people with genuine complaints. We love the XC(no problems after 14 months) compared to those vehicles. I take the XC every chance I get,to my wife's consternation, and (don't tell her) I like to drive it better than my Touareg V8! You people are so much more polite to the minor problems that I must complement you all. Great place, keep up the good work!!
    undefinedundefined04 XC 70 wife's,Mine '06 XC 90 Ocean Race,Toy car '93 Allante

This board was a major reason I bought my 2002 XC about this time last year. I really wanted an Audi allroad and I read the forums for a long time trying to get feel for what I'd be getting into. I always tell my friends that the main difference in the two forums was that the Audi people were trying to keep their cars on the road and the Volvo people were trying to figure out which was the best radio. Perhaps a bit o' the ole exaggeration but in my mind valid. And I am very happy with my decision. I have had no issues at all with my car, bought with 37K and now have 52K... see ya next year

However I dont drive my XC that often. So I am not certain that any problems might come up. I'm taking my XC to the dealer on friday with a leak near the R/F Inner CV boot. The XC is very comfortable, even driving for 6 hours non-stop from LA to OAK. And the car just pulls along keeping the 85mph pace.
    [2002 V70 XC] Venetian Red Metallic/Blk Leather*33k+ miles
    -Hands-Free Phone Set, all packages except Nav.
    Turbocharger replaced April/2005 under warranty.

[1991 245] Metallic Blue/Blue Leather*175k+ miles my daily beater.
    [1994 854 GLT] *141K+ miles

Member of Volvo High Mileage Club and the miles keeps ROLLING!!

Lightbulb I'm a happy camper

I couldn't be happier with my 4 Volvos.

My oldest is the '86 745 GLE Turbodiesel - and at 250K miles it still pulls very strongly albiet a little puff of blue/black dusty looking exhaust when pushed hard. It truly has been a family hauler for close to 20 years. It's been all over the USA several times.

Son's drive the '01 S60 T5 and loves it and has some 60K miles on it.

Wife has the '03 XC70 which my son and I picked up from Goteborg in Mar '03 via the OSD program. It has some 34K miles on it today, wife drives it 99% of the time and loves it compared to her previous '00 S80 T6. Seats are much more comfortable than the S80 and she (and I) feels much more in control of the car than we did with the S80. We feel and know the XC70 can go places where the S80 would have been really nervous about.

...and me - I drive my '04 S60R and I couldn't be happier. I have modded it with IPD ECU, 3" Downpipe and TME Sports exhaust. Charging around with close to 400HP under the hood this car moves out in a hurry and does exactly what it's told to do by me.

I can't say we've had any really serious problems with the Volvos described above. Sure, a few minor things but not anything that I would call significant and certainly not enough to warrant me not thinking my next car will be a Volvo.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Smile Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by Gundo
    So picture me, reading all of the posts here after a year or two of being away, obsessed with my Boxster S. The board has certainly changed character, with most folks posting on either problems, or resolution of problems. Is it true? Has the XC not lived up to our expectations?

As for me, the car at 52k miles remains good, solid, safe and reliable. But we've been back and forth to the dealer 5 times for the tranny, and it is now better than ever, but not really what it should be. The ride is not inspiring, too soft and mushy for me, but it really does offer a good highway ride.
    Gosh, listen to all the complaints you have! I haven't noticed any marked difference in the board's tone although it has grown quite a bit. A few posters have had serious problems and maybe those threads get more attention because, well, the rest of us really don't have much to complain about other than poor iPod support and rusty lug bolts. Besides, it's more fun to console others.

BTW, a neighbor who always wanted a Boxster recently got a Honda S2000 instead. Boy, is he grinning! Until it snows, of course.
    '04 XC90 2.5T, ~170K miles, ash gold/graphite, 7-seater, towing, nav
    "Objects in the mirror may be just as they appear." - Steve Forbert

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12