Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637

Any and every discussion about the ETM was spirited away to the off-topic forum and mysteriously "disappeared".

Many people were rightfully concerned about what they could do to avoid calamity or lessen the needless expense of this ETM fiasco, and all they got was a load of whitewash at the Corporate forums. As a self-proclaimed DIY board, one might have expected helpful discussions there, instead our concerns were dismissed, and every mention of it vaporized into thin air.

You could not stiffle everybody, no matter how hard you tried. At least here we can discuss and learn about it, and work toward reasonable solutions. Why are you here now? Having added NOTHING of substance for the past 11 months, are you here just to take credit for posting the "leaked" document, or is there a chance you might finally contibute something positive?
    Ex-C70 owner
    ---------------
    VEXED

Quote Originally Posted by bay13
    just like "I" said there would be and it all happen without allowing you to post off topic subjects all across the internet where ever you felt like it. Many can take pride in their work to help make this happen for Volvo owners, but don't expect anyone to be mentioning your name as one of the "we" that had anything to do with it. "Your" concerns are so out in left field that it really puts a bad taste on the ETM failures that were trying to be fixed. The what if attitude that you added ten pounds of emotion to did nothing but show your maturity. Lucky that the real people involved had maturity (the older type) and some wisdom.
    This is a giant steamy heap of whitewash here. Good job on mouthing the corporate byline. Judging by the "I" you proudly waved above, it must have been you who single-handedly brought Volvo to their knees. We are in your debt.

Geez ... I can't believe how many outsiders are here to take credit and bask in the glory.
    Ex-C70 owner
    ---------------
    VEXED

So, I thought the ETM was a "safety" issue. How does an extended warranty constitute a victory??? I will sure be glad that I will be reimbursed for my faulty ETM after I am plowed into by a rig going 80 miles an hour while I am stalling out.

Some glory...

Question Thanks for the plug

Quote Originally Posted by gdogg16
    ... V70R.com, swedespeed.com, and Volvospeed.com ... I'm the mod on all said forums, ... I directed all traffic here.
    Thank you for the extra support and the advertising you have given by sending more folks to join us. If all this ETM crap was created by us because we had nothing else to do, I could understand 360+ posts to one topic (whoops, just increased it by another one) but there has also been over 10,000 views to go with it (and this is a thread that only has been 'live' for 7 months), quite an interesting subject I would have thought, still you guys cover so many more cars and have loads of websites to control I am surprised you get the time to visit us as often as you do.

BTW, gdogg16 how did you manage to get your ETM replaced 'free of charge' Inside knowledge or just on the inside!!!! I suppose the reason our repair bills are so high is because in a way we also have to pay for people like you getting their jobs done free.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud
    Any and every discussion about the ETM was spirited away to the off-topic forum and mysteriously "disappeared".

Many people were rightfully concerned about what they could do to avoid calamity or lessen the needless expense of this ETM fiasco, and all they got was a load of whitewash at the Corporate forums. As a self-proclaimed DIY board, one might have expected helpful discussions there, instead our concerns were dismissed, and every mention of it vaporized into thin air.

You could not stiffle everybody, no matter how hard you tried. At least here we can discuss and learn about it, and work toward reasonable solutions. Why are you here now? Having added NOTHING of substance for the past 11 months, are you here just to take credit for posting the "leaked" document, or is there a chance you might finally contibute something positive?
    Yes the topics were sent to the offtopic forum, but NO they did not dissapear. Maybe you just don't know how to use the search function.... The OT forum is one of the busiest forums on volvospeed, it can be several pages back by the end of the day....

Quote Originally Posted by Bud
    This is a giant steamy heap of whitewash here. Good job on mouthing the corporate byline. Judging by the "I" you proudly waved above, it must have been you who single-handedly brought Volvo to their knees. We are in your debt.

Geez ... I can't believe how many outsiders are here to take credit and bask in the glory.
    LOL! Rich has single handedly done more for the volvo community than just about all the sites combined. Show some respect.

Quote Originally Posted by AWD*V70XC
    Thank you for the extra support and the advertising you have given by sending more folks to join us. If all this ETM crap was created by us because we had nothing else to do, I could understand 360+ posts to one topic (whoops, just increased it by another one) but there has also been over 10,000 views to go with it (and this is a thread that only has been 'live' for 7 months), quite an interesting subject I would have thought, still you guys cover so many more cars and have loads of websites to control I am surprised you get the time to visit us as often as you do.

BTW, gdogg16 how did you manage to get your ETM replaced 'free of charge' Inside knowledge or just on the inside!!!! I suppose the reason our repair bills are so high is because in a way we also have to pay for people like you getting their jobs done free.
    My ETM was replaced under warranty. Also, one could say that I have some significant connections. As for the amount of views to this topic, on all three sites I have a DIRECT LINK TO THIS TOPIC! Also, since the ETM news, I've been visting this site about once a day, sometimes 2, 3 times a day.

No sense in clogging the database with this banter... Have a good one folks!
    Last edited by coastal; 11-15-2005 at 08:22 AM.
    01 V70XC/Silver/Graphite/Touring & Versatility Packs/No Mods
    Servoweb Technologies developers of web stuff...
    Paddle Surf Canada
    CanSkier.com Skier Community