Thread: X50 Is Alive !!

Default X50 Is Alive !!

I just got info re. the new X50...

It will be based uppon the current V50, and have the new Haldex...
    Got a 03 XC70 D5 :-)))

So a bit like the V50 T5 then - but on stilts, or perhaps crutches??
    Mike.

Mine: XC 70 Sport 2009 D5 Inscription Electric Blue.
    VNS, DSTC and 4C, BLIS, LDW ventilated leather ACC; Yummy.

All gone now - XC70 MY 13 SE LUX Flamenco red - goes better than the '09 even with its "Polestar plus" upgrade. I justy miss the PCC...

Hers: V60 Flamenco Red 215HP D5 (like above XC70 spec)

And with the cladding, as on the xc70

And the XC70 continues, even after they swap for the new base.
    Got a 03 XC70 D5 :-)))

Do you have any introduction date? Will it be next year already or do we have to wait till 2007? There are so many rumours around this car, does it come, doesn't it and when...

Default source

soft -

so, how do you know this? what is your source?
    '04 XC70 (petrol/auto), Nautic Blue / Graphite, Premium, Touring, Boosters, Xenia Wheels w/235x60 Nokian WR's (wife's kid-hauler)
    '09 C70 retractable hard top convertible. Red with black interior.

How do we know the source? Volvo is quoted direct.

REPEAT:

...There is a XC50 blurb in the May 2005 issue of Motor Trend Magazine that says the XC50 launch has been scheduled for 2007.

The new Land Rover Freelander, which is based on the XC50 Platform will be available in 2006.

The delay in the release of the XC50, according to Volvo, is due to the current anti-SUV backlash among buyers in the EU.
    Current Volvos
    2012 XC70, OSD, Twilight Bronze/Espresso
    2008 C70, OSD, Celestial Blue/Cream Sovereign

Former Volvos
    2009 XC70 Oyster/Black
    2006 S60R Black Sapphire/Nordkap
    2003 XC70, OSD, Ash/Espresso
    2000 S40, Ice White/Black

Quote Originally Posted by Low Tide
    The delay in the release of the XC50, according to Volvo, is due to the current anti-SUV backlash among buyers in the EU.
    I hope we follow soon with our own backlash against SUVs. What I don't understand is why this backlash would delay the release of XC50, since XC50 is a stationwagon and not an SUV.

Ta-ta, janusz
    Second gen., Nautical Blue XC70Volvo: "Anything else just isn't up to it" and Wife's Volvo S70: "In manual Transmission She Trusts"

Since the presumed MPG will be better, I think Volvo will sell more of these than XCX 90's. I don't need space for seven. I for one would order one today and trade in my 05 Ford Escape.

Lightbulb The way they think

Although not XC related but it does show one Volvo department is working and might be helping others in the group. Could it soon be in the car division of Volvo.

The Volvo Group has rolled out a truck equipped with a DME-powered engine. DME (dimethylether) is an LPG-like fuel that can be produced from biomass and residual products from paper pulp production.
    DME is a fuel that at relatively low pressure becomes a liquid. DME is produced through gasification of various renewable substances or fossil fuels. The gas that is formed, synthetic gas, is then catalysed to produce DME.

The truck was unveiled in conjunction with the conference on biofuels, Synbios, which took place in Stockholm May 18 to 20.

"DME offers major benefits environmentally and we believe that DME can be an excellent fuel for commercial transports," says Leif Johansson, Volvo's CEO.

The vehicle is a standard Volvo FM model equipped with a 9-litre diesel engine adapted to operate on DME. Volvos studies have shown that DME has the potential to become a competitive alternative to fossil fuels. One of the most significant arguments for DME is that today it is the alternative fuel with the highest energy efficiency and among the lowest in emissions of carbon dioxide and particles.

"We know that in 20 years, alternative fuels will successively become increasingly commercially viable," says Volvo CEO Leif Johansson. "Energy efficiency will become decisive and DME is truly an energy efficient fuel. A result of this energy efficiency is lower environmental impact and reduced operating costs."

Quote Originally Posted by AWD*V70XC
    Although not XC related but it does show one Volvo department is working and might be helping others in the group. Could it soon be in the car division of Volvo.
    Forget that! Volvo Car Corporation is owned by Ford and 100% independent from Volvo AB