Default COPS pulling over Volvos 4 having only TDS tags in the front

Who has had this problem before??
    Ive gotten pulled over twice because of having only my Red Swedish Export Plate (Standard TDS Plate) in the front. This sucks!!
    Is this happening anywhere else in the US??? Well it sure has been recently in the San Francisco Bay Area!!

Sorry.. that's funny. I have been told so many times to put on the front plate... but for 3 years- the red one has seemed fine to the local black and white. I carry the spare in the rear cargo area just in case.
    Current Volvos
    2012 XC70, OSD, Twilight Bronze/Espresso
    2008 C70, OSD, Celestial Blue/Cream Sovereign

Former Volvos
    2009 XC70 Oyster/Black
    2006 S60R Black Sapphire/Nordkap
    2003 XC70, OSD, Ash/Espresso
    2000 S40, Ice White/Black

Sorry to hear that. Where do you live in the Bay Area? I'm in the Peninsula. My wife and I just came back Monday from Sweden to pick up our XC70. It should get here at the end of August.

Calif. requires plates on rear and front---usually not inforced but still is the law -- some Californians mount the Ca plates over the Red plates so that the end stick out a little.
    2010 XC60 3.2AWD; 2004 XC70 OSD both models

Arrow thats what i do now

haha yeah i do that 2..but atleast i have my big old s sticker on my 91 245 se TDS and my xc....they were both bought through TDS...2day I'm going 2 go looking 4 a S60 2.5t but not through tds..

Quote Originally Posted by mrb
    Calif. requires plates on rear and front---usually not inforced but still is the law -- some Californians mount the Ca plates over the Red plates so that the end stick out a little.