Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default volvo ipod 2005 news

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050111/sftu080_1.html

Apple & Volvo Announce iPod Connectivity For Entire 2005 US Model Line
    Tuesday January 11, 1:55 pm ET

MACWORLD EXPO, SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Apple® and Volvo Cars of North America, LLC (VCNA) today announced two iPod® connectivity options for Volvo's entire 2005 US model line, allowing iPod users to listen to their music collection through their Volvo audio system. The Volvo iPod Adapter will be available for S60, S80 and V70/XC70 models and will connect by simply plugging the iPod into a cable located in the car's glove compartment, while S40, V50 and XC90 owners can use a dashboard mounted FM transmitter. The Volvo iPod Adapter allows users to control their music through their Volvo sound system and steering wheel controls, and both options charge the iPod when plugged in.
    ADVERTISEMENT

"The year of the iPod and the automobile is off to a tremendous start with Volvo bringing iPod connectivity to their entire line," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing. "The unbeatable combination of iPod and iTunes is a perfect fit for Volvo customers."

"Our customers have been asking for an integrated iPod offering," said Vic Doolan, VCNA president and CEO. "We're delivering great iPod connectivity options for our entire line, coupled with unique content providing for the perfect Volvo music experience."

Additionally, Volvo is creating playlists on the iTunes Music Store to encourage customers to discover music from emerging Scandinavian artists. The Volvo playlists on the iTunes Music Store will include a wide variety of Scandinavian artists and genres, showcasing the creativity coming from Scandinavia. The Volvo playlists will feature unique download opportunities from artists such as Tina Dico, The Tiny, The Concretes and The Perishers.

Pricing & Availability

The Volvo iPod Adapter pricing will be announced at program launch in the second quarter of 2005 for all Volvo models. Installation is performed by authorized Volvo dealers only. The Volvo iPod Adapter works with all iPods with a dock connector. The iPod lineup is available in the US through the Apple Store® (www.apple.com), Apple's retail stores and Apple Authorized Resellers.

Volvo has been building cars with Safety in mind for over 75 years. The 2005 Volvo Cars model line-up includes: the award-winning new S40 sedan; the all-new V50 sportwagon; the award-winning XC90, now including an all new V8 engine; the sporty S60 sedan -- including the award-winning performance sedan -- S60 R and performance wagon version -- V70 R; the flagship S80 premium sedan; versatile V70 wagon and rugged XC70 (Cross Country); and, the C70 convertible.

Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and reinvented the personal computer in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Today, Apple continues to lead the industry in innovation with its award- winning desktop and notebook computers, OS X operating system, and iLife and professional applications. Apple is also spearheading the digital music revolution with its iPod portable music players and iTunes online music store.

© 2005 Apple. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, Mac, Mac OS, iPod and Apple Store are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Apple. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Source: Apple Computer, Inc.

Email Story
    Set News Alert
    Print Story

Sponsor Results
    Harrisdirect IRA
    Looking for in-depth research and an extensive selection of retirement investment options? Open a new Harrisdirect IRA account today.
    www.harrisdirect.com
    ING DIRECT - Orange Savings Account
    2.35% annual percentage yield. Put your money to work earning a high savings rate in the nation with no fees and no minimums. Member FDIC. Open online in under five minutes.
    home.ingdirect.com
    National InterBank Savings Account
    Earn up to three times the national average - watch your money grow. FDIC insured and 24/7 customer service. National Interbank Banking Center.
    www.nationalinterbank.com

(What's This?)

Related Quote
    AAPL 66.07 -2.89 News
    View Detailed Quote
    Real-time quote
    Providers - Disclaimer

Related News Stories
    · Apple Unveils Mini Mac, IPod Shuffle - Associated Press (2:33 pm)
    · [external] Jobs: Apple CEO Reveals Flash-Memory IPod, Mac Mini - at Forbes.com (2:26 pm)
    · Apple Unveils $499 Mac, IPod Sales Climb - Reuters (2:25 pm)
    · Apple's Steve Jobs Unveils $499 Mini Mac - Associated Press (2:20 pm)
    More...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

· By industry: Automobiles, Computer hardware, Computer peripheral, Computers, Entertainment, Internet, Software

Top Stories
    · EU, U.S. to Engage in Airbus-Boeing Talks - Associated Press (2:36 pm)
    · Apple Unveils Mini Mac, IPod Shuffle - Associated Press (2:33 pm)
    · Stocks Sag on Weak AMD Sales Forecast - Associated Press (2:28 pm)
    · Nortel Networks Slashes 2003 Audited Profit - Associated Press (12:58 pm)
    More...

· Most-emailed articles
    · Most-viewed articles

Copyright © 2005 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy - Terms of Service
    Copyright © 2005 PR Newswire. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of PRNewswire content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of PRNewswire. PRNewswire shall not be liable for

2005 XC70 Barents Blue & Taupe leather, deliv. 12/04, built 11/04
    Prem / Conv / Climate / DSTC / NAV / 650 / Sirius / 60/40 / 3rd Row / Boosters / Thule / Weathertech mats / Mud Flaps / 46% Tint / Nokian WR SUVs

serviced by Red Bank Volvo, NJ & Volvo Westport, CT
    2001 V70XC~someone else's problem vehicle now
    VolvoClub ofAmerica

Thumbs up Damn

You just beat me to it, I guess the news didn't have to travel so far to your internet connection

Apple & Volvo Announce iPod Connectivity For Entire 2005 US Model Line

MACWORLD EXPO, SAN FRANCISCO —January 11, 2005—Apple® and Volvo Cars of North America, LLC (VCNA) today announced two iPod® connectivity options for Volvo’s entire 2005 US model line, allowing iPod users to listen to their music collection through their Volvo audio system. The Volvo iPod Adapter will be available for S60, S80 and V70/XC70 models and will connect by simply plugging the iPod into a cable located in the car’s glove compartment, while S40, V50 and XC90 owners can use a dashboard mounted FM transmitter. The Volvo iPod Adapter allows users to control their music through their Volvo sound system and steering wheel controls, and both options charge the iPod when plugged in.

“The year of the iPod and the automobile is off to a tremendous start with Volvo bringing iPod connectivity to their entire line,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing. “The unbeatable combination of iPod and iTunes is a perfect fit for Volvo customers.”

“Our customers have been asking for an integrated iPod offering,” said Vic Doolan, VCNA president and CEO. “We're delivering great iPod connectivity options for our entire line, coupled with unique content providing for the perfect Volvo music experience.”

Additionally, Volvo is creating playlists on the iTunes Music Store to encourage customers to discover music from emerging Scandinavian artists. The Volvo playlists on the iTunes Music Store will include a wide variety of Scandinavian artists and genres, showcasing the creativity coming from Scandinavia. The Volvo playlists will feature unique download opportunities from artists such as Tina Dico, The Tiny, The Concretes and The Perishers.

Pricing & Availability
    The Volvo iPod Adapter pricing will be announced at program launch in the second quarter of 2005 for all Volvo models. Installation is performed by authorized Volvo dealers only. The Volvo iPod Adapter works with all iPods with a dock connector. The iPod lineup is available in the US through the Apple Store® (www.apple.com), Apple’s retail stores and Apple Authorized Resellers.

Volvo has been building cars with Safety in mind for over 75 years. The 2005 Volvo Cars model line-up includes: the award-winning new S40 sedan; the all-new V50 sportwagon; the award-winning XC90, now including an all new V8 engine; the sporty S60 sedan—including the award-winning performance sedan—S60 R and performance wagon version—V70 R; the flagship S80 premium sedan; versatile V70 wagon and rugged XC70 (Cross Country); and, the C70 convertible.

Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and reinvented the personal computer in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Today, Apple continues to lead the industry in innovation with its award-winning desktop and notebook computers, OS X operating system, and iLife and professional applications. Apple is also spearheading the digital music revolution with its iPod portable music players and iTunes online music store.

Default 2002-2004 still left hanging?

Didn't the radios change for 2005? Does this mean that those of us with a 2002 to 2004 model are still left hanging for a direct connect product?
    2004 Volvo XC70 - Ruby Red Metallic/Graphite Leather, Premium, Touring, Bi-Xenon, Bluetooth, and iPod Direct Connect
    2011 Honda Pilot EX-L - Silver Metallic/Grey Leather

Great, so I have to trade in the XC90 for an XC70 in order to use an integrated iPod. Tell me again what the advantages of MOST are?
    '04 XC90 2.5T, ~170K miles, ash gold/graphite, 7-seater, towing, nav
    "Objects in the mirror may be just as they appear." - Steve Forbert

Default Good and bad - but mostly GOOD

The good is that Volvo have stepped up to the plate. The bad is that they've left out S40, V50 and XC90 owners and apparently (from my reading) all models leading up to MY2005 for being able to install the audio line-in setup. The rest are left with the dashboard FM transmitter device.

Surely the Volvo customer base for models leading up to 2005 is HUGE compared to 2005+.

The issue of iPod connectivity being done by authorized Volvo dealership is a little high-handed as most of this type electrical stuff is handled today with plug and play and the Volvo technician has little need for any skills. Volvo warranty is of course in the balance if not installed as ask for.

I hope Volvo doesn't ask for an arm+leg for the iPod install. Now they and/or dealership could offer an iPod to go along with the purchase of a new 2005 Volvo, and I'm sure some dealership are already structuring theirs Ads.

Overall I find this GOOD NEWS.

And yes, I'm a 3G iPod owner (iPod with Dock) so I'll be interested in seeing what Volvo is offering for the dashboard FM transmitter device that also provides on-the-go iPod charging.

Way to go Volvo.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Quote Originally Posted by tooberand
    Didn't the radios change for 2005? Does this mean that those of us with a 2002 to 2004 model are still left hanging for a direct connect product?
    Yes that's correct. The base stereo is now the HU 650. I can tell you that aside from the iPod issue and satellite set up, I perfer in every way my HU 613 to the 650. The FM preset system is realy lame and the lack of hidden eq is also lame.

SIRIUS:
    In case any other Sirius fans are looking for info. I just heard back from Volvo that Sirius parts are delayed to the 2nd quarter. No word on pricing. Additionally I heard from Navteq that the live traffic mapping on the RTI NAV system will require an additional Sirius component/hardware and has nothing to do with the sirius sat radio system hardware.

Prem / Conv / Climate / DSTC / NAV / 650 / Sirius / 60/40 / 3rd Row / Boosters / Thule / Weathertech mats / Mud Flaps / 46% Tint / Nokian WR SUVs

VolvoClub ofAmerica

Quote Originally Posted by tooberand
    You might be good to go:
    http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=32462

VolvoClub ofAmerica

Default Keep my fingers crossed

Thanks for watching the other forums for me. I'm not going to hold my breath or trade in my 2004 if it can't be done, it would just make a really nice Xmas gift someday.
    2004 Volvo XC70 - Ruby Red Metallic/Graphite Leather, Premium, Touring, Bi-Xenon, Bluetooth, and iPod Direct Connect
    2011 Honda Pilot EX-L - Silver Metallic/Grey Leather

Default Ipod Question

Okay, prior to factory ordering my 2005 XC70, I wasn't into any music. Whether you can believe this or not, I didn't even know what Ipod was a couple weeks ago. Now that I do I decided to search for some information about Ipod and Volvo and came across this thread.

My factory ordered car should be arriving any day now. So I understand that all 2005 Volvos come with the Ipod connectivity. Could someone be kind enough to explain to me exactly what this means in plain English?

1) Since I'm getting a 2005 XC70, do I just have to go buy myself an Ipod and simply connect it to whatever the connection in the glove compartment?

Or,

2) Do I need to pay for installing the adapter itself by the authorized dealer first before doing the 1)???

3) Why did I pay more than $1,000 to upgrade from a single-CD to 6-CD changer when I could have simply opted for this Ipod thing? With Ipod what good is the 6-CD changer?

Thanks in advance to whoever could supply me with answers to these questions.
    '05 XC70 Crystal Green - DSTC - 6CD Changer - Rear Park Assist - Third Row - Integrated Booster - Nokian WR - Thule Evolution 1600 on Wing Profile. Photos of XC70: http://sys-2005volvoxc70.blogspot.com/ Travel Photos: http://my-traveling-photolog.blogspot.com/

Default IPOD and 2001 XC70

Hey all,

Sorry if this is a repeat, but I was wondering if there was any news on retrofitting previous radios in order to easily connect with the Ipod? I know the FM transmitter option is available, but I have heard VERY mixed results on sound quality...

I might even be convinced to upgrade my radio in order to enjoy my full music collection easily (and safely - I hate changing CDs while driving).

Just curious if anyone had heard any news on if this might become available for older volvo's and what the $ might be.

Thanks!
    -Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast