Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs up Hello

Whoa - I missed this thread - but I am up to speed now.
    Yes I have seen the little package and although I am not a iPod freak I have shown it little attention (hence my reason for missing this post).

It is a very neat little box and will be only available for the following cars - S60 - V70 - XC70 and the S80. It can store 10,000 songs in most digital formats including MP3, WMA and WAV. As you say it is controlled via the radio unit and also has voice interaction for selecting your own customized playlist. It comes with its own docking station/cradle for your PC and is connected via USB2, a little behind the times considering everything is moving into firewire and WIFI on the computer market place. I also believe that the new Volvo's will have USB connections built into the dash so connecting things like phones etc will be easier.

They should be in the UK dealer showrooms from May onwards.

Other accessories for this year include (so I am told) a roller blind for the rear window of both the XC70 and the XC90 (about time), a new roof box (bigger then before), a dog gate, sports mats for the XC70 and side decor panels for the XC90 in the same colour as the wheel arches.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezz
    Heck Gary - you should have dropped in to say hi. That's my local dealer!
    Hey Jezz, I'll be at the dealer tomorrow (first thing in the a.m.) - think I have a broken tie rod or something going amiss up front. Also, going to look at bike carriers and see if there is any pricing yet for that jukebox.
    Cheers, Gary

2022 XC60 B5/Black
    2021 XC60 T5/ Osmium Gray (Wife's)
    2017 XC60 T6/ Bright Silver (Loaned to my Son)
    2015.5 XC70/Silver (Loaned to my Daughter)

2007 XC70/Rubyred (RIP)
    2003 XC70/Platinum Green (RIP)
    2001 V70/White (RIP)

Default Prices available

I made my dealer check last Friday and the factory recommended price is about US$1,400!

That's a ridiculous amount to pay. If anyone has received a different price quote, please post.
    2005 Ash Gold, Front/Rear Sonar, GSM, Cargo Grille, Cargo Full Liner, Auto-Levelling, Auto Dimming

Quote Originally Posted by qeff
    I made my dealer check last Friday and the factory recommended price is about US$1,400!

That's a ridiculous amount to pay. If anyone has received a different price quote, please post.
    Geff,

I recently had my dealer here in the UK look into pricing of the jukebox here in the UK. They quoted me 576 GBP if my car is installed with a ?Melvis? cable (I may not have that spelling or meaning correct) or 630 GBP if it doesn't have the ?Melvis? cable and they have to install one. Either way, you're still talking in the neighborhood of $1200 USD which is way too rich for my liking! These prices seem insane to me! I guess I'll cope with my 10-CD changer awhile longer.
    Cheers, Gary

2022 XC60 B5/Black
    2021 XC60 T5/ Osmium Gray (Wife's)
    2017 XC60 T6/ Bright Silver (Loaned to my Son)
    2015.5 XC70/Silver (Loaned to my Daughter)

2007 XC70/Rubyred (RIP)
    2003 XC70/Platinum Green (RIP)
    2001 V70/White (RIP)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12