Default Imported post

Folks

I dread using the rear window wiper.  When on, as it reaches its end position, at either end, there is loud noise as though the wiper was stopped by something.  The noise is loud enough to be bothersome.  Does any one else have this problem?   If not then I presume I need to pay a visit to my dealer.   However, if others have had the problem and know of a solution I would love to hear about it.

thanks
    purush
    '03 XC+DSTC+Premium+Touring+DVD Nav

Default Imported post

no thumping from my my03 rear wiper, just a quiet squeegee(sp?) type noise. btw been using altogether too often recently.
    sls

Default Imported post

Unfortunately have not had a chance to try mine yet, but I have had the problem of turning it on accidently. Anyone else found this to happen? First problem so far with this car, I guess I can live with that.  

Kersti
    '08 Oyster Gray XC70 DSTC Front/Rear Park Assist, Rear 12V.

Default Imported post

Sounds like yours might have worked itself loose. Better get it checked out.

Jason
    Jason,

Riding with the Big Dog.

Default Imported post

Sounds like something is wrong.
    Mine does not make any noise.

2005 XC70 Barents Blue & Taupe leather, deliv. 12/04, built 11/04
    Prem / Conv / Climate / DSTC / NAV / 650 / Sirius / 60/40 / 3rd Row / Boosters / Thule / Weathertech mats / Mud Flaps / 46% Tint / Nokian WR SUVs

serviced by Red Bank Volvo, NJ & Volvo Westport, CT
    2001 V70XC~someone else's problem vehicle now
    VolvoClub ofAmerica

Default Imported post

kersti,

yours turning on accidentally? were you reversing with front wipers on?

this automatically starts rear wiper...

i find it annoying, but not a fault,

as for thumps, non on my my2003

h_r
    03 XC, Nautic Blue, Graphite,
    88 Rusty 4Runner,
    72 MGB

Default Imported post

My dad's XC has this problem too - the backwiper sort of stutters instead of moving smoothly. I've tried cleaning the blade many times but it still stutters. It could be because there isnt sufficient moisture for a smooth swing. But the bigger problem is with the driver side wiper (the one with the little spoiler). It squeeks and stutters everytime its switched on. We don't have this problem with the S60. Should I ask my father to get it checked? My mum always get irritated by it and ends up spoiling her mood.  

Default Imported post

Kian I think the angle of the blades can be adjusted - someone here had that done and it fixed the problem as I recall.
    MY2002 - V70XC
    Nautic Blue/Graphite

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (wiz @ June 16 2003,07:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Kian I think the angle of the blades can be adjusted - someone here had that done and it fixed the problem as I recall.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Okay, thanks wiz. I will ask my father to play around with it and see if it works. &nbsp;

Default Imported post

And I thought my rear wiper problem on my 2002 v70xc was unique. &nbsp;I guess it is worth making a trip to the dealer.

Gordon