Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Cargo Area Vent Removal

I bought the full wall-to-wall vinyl cargo liner for the cargo area since my dogs are gonna be riding back there all the time.

The instructions for the cargo liner said to drill 5mm holes to secure one half of the hook-and-loop (read velcro) to the carpetted wall. I'm not too keen on drilling any holes on the car and I'm thinking of removing the two side vents' plastic panel and mounting the velcro from the inside (sticking out).

Can anyone provide any advice on taking the plastic panels off?

Has anyone installed the cargo liner and not drilled?

-qeff-
    2005 Ash Gold, Front/Rear Sonar, GSM, Cargo Grille, Cargo Full Liner, Auto-Levelling, Auto Dimming

Velcro will often stick successfully to car carpet. Try that at first.

Quote Originally Posted by qeff
    Can anyone provide any advice on taking the plastic panels off?

Has anyone installed the cargo liner and not drilled?

-qeff-
    Sometimes a quick call to the local dealership's Part Dept to ask a question like this can yield good results. I find the Parts Dept will even look up on their computer how something is installed and help me over the phone. Try this approach.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

We bought the cargo liner and just laid it down. No drilling, velcroing, or anything. It is fitted to the cargo area and stays in place just fine.

Art
    2004 XC Black/Graphite/Premium/Touring
    1993 245 Wagon White, replaced 1986 245 Wagon Blue
    1996 Chrysler LHS

Quote Originally Posted by Artz
    We bought the cargo liner and just laid it down. No drilling, velcroing, or anything. It is fitted to the cargo area and stays in place just fine.

Art
    I think they are talking about a different liner that also lines the sides, covering the seat back carpet and the sides of the cargo area.

2005 XC70 Barents Blue & Taupe leather, deliv. 12/04, built 11/04
    Prem / Conv / Climate / DSTC / NAV / 650 / Sirius / 60/40 / 3rd Row / Boosters / Thule / Weathertech mats / Mud Flaps / 46% Tint / Nokian WR SUVs

serviced by Red Bank Volvo, NJ & Volvo Westport, CT
    2001 V70XC~someone else's problem vehicle now
    VolvoClub ofAmerica

Makes sense - now I can see why the discussion about how to install such a liner.
    2004 XC Black/Graphite/Premium/Touring
    1993 245 Wagon White, replaced 1986 245 Wagon Blue
    1996 Chrysler LHS

Thanks everyone for your reply. There's only one dealership here in Singapore... and they said to drill.

Sticking the velcro onto the carpet was the first thing I tried. It used to work on my other cars but the MY05 XC70 has non-looped carpet fibres. In a way, its fantastic to clean as the doggy fur and crumbs don't get lodged inside. Unfortunately, it also means that the one half of the velcro on the liner has nothing to *hook* onto.

Yeah, the liner I'm talking about is the one that covers the walls and the seat-backs and comes with a bumper-protector.

I've tried everything. I still think the best solution is getting the vent panel off and securing one half of the velcro from beneath and snapping the panel back on.
    2005 Ash Gold, Front/Rear Sonar, GSM, Cargo Grille, Cargo Full Liner, Auto-Levelling, Auto Dimming

Hey qeff.... remember me?! Met you at SM motors on the day you picked up your brand new baby!! Mine is running real smooth... have fun driving! Keep in touch! -- Patrick

I have the same linier. The dealer drilled the carpet. It works and looks fine. You a some sheet manual in the box how to do it.

Exclamation Load area Protector - PRICE???

What was the price of this cargo liner? I am getting a price of 210.00 U.S. from my local dealer. I had this liner in my 03 XC70 until it was totalled by a rear end collision with a semi! We have a new 05 and I would like to get this liner for it as well. Thanks in advance for cheaper sources. Also, if the price is not correct, can you supply the volvo part number of what you got?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast