Default price negotiations with OSD

We're planning to buy an XC70 via OSD, and will go through our local dealer. Do others have any experience in negotiating the price, or is it set by Volvo?

Default MSRP discount

My understanding is that the price is already discounted at 8% from MSRP and that the options as well as price are non-negotiable. I too am interested to hear others opinions on this matter as i am interested in doing OSD as well.

JW
    04 M3
    03 Discovery
    Looking at 05 XC90 V8, OSD

Default No Luck

I made an effort..with no success what-so-ever with my local dealer. He acknowledged that they get a factory paid commission from Volvo from each OSD sale, but he strongly defended the dealers inablity to negotiate that amount. He claimed that dealers are prohibited from negotiating down their cut by the terms of OSD. Since I only have one dealer in my area...I really wasn't able to contradict his claim.

I would be curious what the dealer cut is on a OSD delivery. I would bet it is less than a grand.

Several have gotten lower prices on accessories and options.

I was told by someone who deals often with OSD in another state that he got over $2000 commission on base xc70, and 10 per cent on the packages and options. That was 16 months ago--may have changed.

Very few dealers are willing to neg. on the price. Usually it is the packages and option they take a certain amount off of. My dealer too a little off of the packages but not the base price. Probabily because I kept calling with so many questions and he finally broke down and said if you buy from me I will give you this much off of price of packages and options. So good for me and made a sale for them.

Good luck.

Tom
    2005 XC90 2.5T AWD-Titanium Grey Metallic & Lt. Taupe Leather -OSD July 8, 2005. Premium, Versatility, and Climate Packages, IPD running boards, and XPEL clear bra.

2004 V70 AWD-Nautic Blue & Tan leather-Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, GT, Cold Weather Pkg, Boosters, OSD Oct 2003 - Sold October, 2005. One of a kind color combination.