Thread: 2004 XC70

Default Imported post

Hi!

I am new to Volvo and this forum. Found it at altavista.com.

After a few years with Audi and forums like Audiworld.com, Nordicaudi.com and Audizine.com I am now to try Volvo.

My car will be delivered in feb/mar this year.

This is the spec.

XC70 2,5T
    Automatic Gear

Silver Exterior
    Graphite Leather Interior

HU-603 Audio System with AMP
    Subwoofer
    Bi-Xenon
    DSTC-system
    Rain Sensor
    Rear Skid Plate
    Rubber Floor Mats

Do you know if there are any replicas on the 17" Sentinal wheels?

Sorry, no pics yet!
    '04 Silver XC70 delivered feb 14th
    Silent´s album

Default Imported post

Welcome Silent !
    You have found a great site full of nice helpful folks ! Hope you get your new XC on time, it sure is a GREAT car    I can't imagine driving anything else except maybe a V70 R  
    cheers
      Ruby
    '04 Ruby, sand, prem pkg, tour pkg, xenon, DST, xenia wheels, OSD

Canada: Calgary Alberta - Panorama Mountain BC - Pender Island BC

Default Imported post

Welcome aboard. Like yourself, I am relatively new to the site. You will find the folks open and courteous with lots of helpful hints should you have a motoring problem.

We are still in the planning stages for our next car, but hopefully it will be the '05 model version of your XC (released in Canada around June).

Enjoy and fell free to participate. The webmaster is in BC Canada, but the mix of participants is truly world wide.

John Ackermans
    '04 XC70 Canadian Premium and Sport packages, Black (425,000 kms)
    '06 XC70 Ocean Race Model, IPD to 240 hp, 18" rims, Deep Blue
    Other rigs: '06 Toyota Avalon, '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee, '23 BMW330e (Plug-In-Hybrid)

Default Imported post

Welcome!! Drove through Stockholm after picking up my '04 back in May....terrific city. Went to the "J" club near Sony / Ericson office complex, outside Stockholm.....very nice, right on the water. Enjoy the vehicle....sounds nice
    2004 XC70 OSD May 26, 2003 Nautic Blue, taupe leather interior, prem. pkg, Volvo/Thule standard crossbars, rear skid plate, rear cargo net, Tellus wheels with Pirelli STR's.

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Default Imported post

Welcome Silent and Congrats on a great choice!

I'm currently not aware of any wheel replicas, however, there are a number of wheel refinishers that offer O.E.M. alloys at substantial savings over new factory wheels. Probably doesn't help you out a great deal considering your location, but thought I'd toss the link in anyways.

Wheel Collision Center

FYI, the Sentinals are listed in the 80 series category.
    Look forward to seeing pics of yer new ride!

Default Imported post

silent: YOU'RE WELCOMED.

Your listed options for the XC70 are excellent choices. If you intend to do any serious off-roading might I suggest the addition of the 4 mm thick aluminium engine protection plate. It replaces the plastic stock one and if anything else will last the life of the car as plastic tends to become brittle with age, deforms and can drop off at any time. I'm on my 3rd one with my 1986 745 GLE. When the plastic engine grate drops off it gives you one hell of a scare.

Nice colour/color combo choice as well.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Arrow Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (barrysharp @ Jan. 06 2004,08:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">silent: YOU&#39;RE WELCOMED.

Your listed options for the XC70 are excellent choices. If you intend to do any serious off-roading might I suggest the addition of the 4 mm thick aluminium engine protection plate. It replaces the plastic stock one and if anything else will last the life of the car as plastic tends to become brittle with age, deforms and can drop off at any time. I&#39;m on my 3rd one with my 1986 745 GLE. When the plastic engine grate drops off it gives you one hell of a scare.

Nice colour/color combo choice as well. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Thank you all for the welcome&#33;

The 4 mm thick aluminium engine protection plate? Is it the same as front skidplate?

In Sweden the front skidplate is standard.
    '04 Silver XC70 delivered feb 14th
    Silent´s album