Thread: Jrl

Default Jrl

Saw this on another forum but didn't see it mentioned anywhere here:

"Mod note. Jim passed away in early 2022, his contributions to this forum are immortal, and he is missed. RIP"

As many of us know, JRL was a bit cranky from time to time but very generous in his contributions He expected people to do a little work to solve their issues and help others in the community.

RIP

Well damn not the news to see first thing after logging back in after ~5 years.

RIP JRL and thanks for any help I am sure you gave me on stuff while I had my '04 XC70.

Quote Originally Posted by goldxc70 View Post
    Saw this on another forum but didn't see it mentioned anywhere here:

"Mod note. Jim passed away in early 2022, his contributions to this forum are immortal, and he is missed. RIP"

As many of us know, JRL was a bit cranky from time to time but very generous in his contributions He expected people to do a little work to solve their issues and help others in the community.

RIP

I was one who benefitted from Jim and his commitment to sharing. I often marveled at the amount of time he spent posting. His retirement side hustle reselling lease trade-ins. His moods, well if you could see past them you came out ahead.

What I liked about Jim was the expert was humble enough to ask for assistance or others knowledge when his car had an anomaly he had never seen. He also tried to be hip. I remember this post https://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showt...light=Tahoe_XC he sent out as he was trying to spif up his XC70. That day when I saw it I could not help but politely bust his balls a little with my reply. His response was the JRL we all knew. I hope as he appreciated my humor and knew it was all in fun as I believe he often responded to others

JRL you will be missed. Thanks for your help with my bricks! Rest in Peace!