Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by maraschino View Post
    I'll go ahead and buy the Bosch and gasket (rockauto) and recalibrate with patience.
    BEFORE you buy a throttle module that won't fix your problem -- Problems similar to yours have occurred enough for Volvo to offer a service solution. It's the wiring from the ECU to the throttle that is the problem. Here's someone on sweedspeed discussing the repair. Some replace from ecu to etm, other just splice in at the etm. Sorry I don't have the part number from Volvo handy.
    https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/t...wiring.257161/

A replacement throttle module for your car (2002+ turbo) is plug and play - if you really want to replace yours, find a used one - they don't go bad.

Ha! I am CWG who wrote the Amazon review saying it it's plug and play. It absolutely is, no doinking around, just plug it in, and play.

And, yes they do fail. Mine chewed up the plastic gears inside.
    '04 XC70, Ice White, Taupe. Original owner (196K miles as of may21). 6 wheel bearings, broken ignition switch, broken turbo downtube flange, failed throttle body, many warped rotors, and a myriad of weird crap. Still my favorite car ever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12