Default how can i use vida dice to diagnose whether cem or swm are bad

Hello all!
    Hope this finds everyone in good health and perhaps I can find some resolution to a problem I am having. Currently my 2005 volvo xc70 has no turn signals nor automatic wiper, wiper works on one speed,also all steering wheel controls do not respond the hazards work as intended. Other problems are that the ABS light is on and the radio no longer has sound. The car is running well enough but am trying to resolve at least the turn signals, have read alternately that it can be the CEM or SWM but can find no definitive advice as to what to look for in Vida to pinpoint which it is.
    Currently my codes are:

Initial State:
    AUM-41FF
    CCM-0071
    CEM-1A5F
    CEM1A64
    CEM-8B01
    CEM9C03
    ECM900B
    ECM930B

If I could get some help on trying to diagnose this I would be very grateful!
    Sincerely, Autoperdu

Quote Originally Posted by autoperdu View Post
    Hello all!
    Hope this finds everyone in good health and perhaps I can find some resolution to a problem I am having. Currently my 2005 volvo xc70 has no turn signals nor automatic wiper, wiper works on one speed,also all steering wheel controls do not respond the hazards work as intended. Other problems are that the ABS light is on and the radio no longer has sound. The car is running well enough but am trying to resolve at least the turn signals, have read alternately that it can be the CEM or SWM but can find no definitive advice as to what to look for in Vida to pinpoint which it is.
    Currently my codes are:

Initial State:
    AUM-41FF
    CCM-0071
    CEM-1A5F
    CEM1A64
    CEM-8B01
    CEM9C03
    ECM900B
    ECM930B

If I could get some help on trying to diagnose this I would be very grateful!
    Sincerely, Autoperdu
    You can click on each code in Vida - and you will get diagnostic info.
    aum41- no power to antenna amp
    ccm0071 damper motor, cem7 - parking bulb shorted, cem9c - antenna ring illumination, ecm900 - brake light position switch.

cem1a, cem1a64, and ecm930b are communication codes with abs, diff, and Steering wheel modules - need to check where they are on the network related to each other. I've heard of a bad Differential module causing network problems. - You might try disconnecting the Diff module and clear the codes. (it looks to be on the same leg of the canbus as the abs) (usually you will get diff module codes if it's bad)
    What codes come back first after they are erased?

You can use vehicle commumication in vida to check the status parameters of various modules (for instance watch whether the signal changes when you turn the wipers on in the cem, example in picture below)

A problem is water intrustion into the CEM that causes weird failures such as in the photo below - Courtesy of xemodex.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	failures1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	9586Click image for larger version. 

Name:	failures.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	9585

Thanks for the info Hoonk, I appreciate any insight, will check those parmeters this evening. I am admittedly just a shade tree mechanic by necessity so am unfamilliar with using the car diagnostics.