Default Fault Trace Not Enebled In The Diagnostic Tab

I connected the 2005 XC90 to VIDA, with the VIN#, the vehicle profile was all found.
    However, in the Diagnostics, the Fault Trace tab is grayed out, the tool cannot read the car.
    What's going on?
    Cheers.
    Last edited by Oka; 11-25-2021 at 12:03 PM.
    2001 Volvo V70XC/AWD/Auto/Turbo/164k Miles (Maroon)
    2001 Volvo XC70/AWD/Auto/Turbo/151k Miles (Brown)
    2002 Subaru Outback L.L. Bean/3.0/131K/AWD (Maroon)
    2005 Volvo XC90/AWD/V8/Auto 111K Miles (Black)
    2006 Toyota Sienna LE/AWD 124K Miles(Green)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1985 BMW (E23) 735i(US)/AUTO/209K Miles (Parked since 2011)
    1997 Mazda MPV/AUTO/4WD/173K Miles (Parked since 2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Oka View Post
    I connected the 2005 XC90 to VIDA, with the VIN#, the vehicle profile was all found.
    However, in the Diagnostics, the Fault Trace tab is grayed out, the tool cannot read the car.
    What's going on?
    Cheers.
    Just to test, I connected the 'regular' OBDII tool (Innova 3100a), it read the XC90.
    I thought maybe the plug under the dash may have an issue; but the plug is ok.
    Any advice?
    Cheers

I haven't hooked my VIDA up in a while. Once you're booted up, hooked the DiCE up to the OBDII port, the vehicle info and VIN # show up on your opening screen, and you SELECT that vehicle, doesn't VIDA prompt you to read/check for new codes?

Once VIDA's finished reading all your car's modules, it should give you a list of current codes. If you HIGHLIGHT or select one of these codes, then you should be able to click the Fault Trace button to investigate and troubleshoot. That's my best recollection of the process.
    2007 XC70, 206,000 miles
    2002 V70XC, 130,000 miles, parts car

Quote Originally Posted by Xfingers View Post
    I haven't hooked my VIDA up in a while. Once you're booted up, hooked the DiCE up to the OBDII port, the vehicle info and VIN # show up on your opening screen, and you SELECT that vehicle, doesn't VIDA prompt you to read/check for new codes?

Once VIDA's finished reading all your car's modules, it should give you a list of current codes. If you HIGHLIGHT or select one of these codes, then you should be able to click the Fault Trace button to investigate and troubleshoot. That's my best recollection of the process.
    Wait a minute! I did not know I can just hook up the tool and the car will be recognized; which will be even better.
    Maybe I inputted the wrong digit; I was careful.

I will remove in VIDA and just hook it up to see. On the same token, I could not find how to remove a profile of a friend's car I had inputted.
    I'll try to find how.

Thanks for the info. Will try that this morning.
    2001 Volvo V70XC/AWD/Auto/Turbo/164k Miles (Maroon)
    2001 Volvo XC70/AWD/Auto/Turbo/151k Miles (Brown)
    2002 Subaru Outback L.L. Bean/3.0/131K/AWD (Maroon)
    2005 Volvo XC90/AWD/V8/Auto 111K Miles (Black)
    2006 Toyota Sienna LE/AWD 124K Miles(Green)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1985 BMW (E23) 735i(US)/AUTO/209K Miles (Parked since 2011)
    1997 Mazda MPV/AUTO/4WD/173K Miles (Parked since 2008)

Found the culprit!
    I went back to VIDA to check the settings. The wrong region (Partner group) was showing.
    As soon as I selected the correct region, Bam, Fault Trace got highlighted under the Diagnostic tab.
    So, all is fine now.
    Thanks all.