Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Astro14 View Post
    I had the injectors rebuilt and flow matched.

After the rebuild/match they worked like a dream. Idle smoothed out. Power was better. Like a new car.
    Not trying to hijack the thread here, but can you expand on this injector rebuild? How do you get that done? Who does it? Is it expensive? I'm at 250k and never touched the injectors.

thanks,

Keith

Here is one company. I've used them. No complaints. They identified a leaky injector among the set I sent them for service, and I replaced it with a new one.

https://www.witchhunter.com/

Brett

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge-789995 View Post
    Not trying to hijack the thread here, but can you expand on this injector rebuild? How do you get that done? Who does it? Is it expensive? I'm at 250k and never touched the injectors.

thanks,

Keith
    Hi no problem. I am in the UK used to live in the Midlands but moved to the South Coast a year ago, to Portsmouth. The company I used has a web site: -
    www.injectortune.co.uk .If you visit the site you will see that they require very specific information: type of engine, injector etc. They are very very good. To have five injecters cleaned, new internal filters and 'O'rings plus postage cost me £80. I sent them on the Tuesday (first day British Post Office opened after Christmas) and they were returned the same week arriving on Saturday morning. They also sent a report of the condition of the injectors pre and post ultrasonic cleaning. This company have many sets of Volvo specific injectors in stock. So rather than go down the route of buying new from Volvo why not send them a request quoting your spsecific model engine ie B5244T3 and the number of injectors required. The company is based at Devises in Wiltshire and it does business all over the world. I have no connection with the company whatsoever other than I was recently their grateful company. Find them on Facebook or via their website if you email them you will get a quick reply.
    MY01 Ocean Race XC70 Blue/Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge-789995 View Post

thanks,

Keith
    I sent them to Paul at Hurst Injector service. For just under $100 including shipping, he cleaned them, replaced the stainless filter in them, flow matched them and sent them back.

A great value for the cost.

https://hurstinjectorservice.com/
    Current Fleet:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax 4WD 1794
    2005 MB S600 (126K, Michelin AS4, HPL 0W40)
    2005 MB SL600 (55K Michelin AS4, Mobil 1 0W40)
    2004 V70R (143K, six speed M66, HPL 5W40)
    2004 XC90 (235K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-XC (295K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-T5 (225K, IPD bars, Bilsteins)
    2001 V70-T5 (125K, IPD downpipe, cat back and other mods)
    1932 Packard Sedan (straight 8, dual sidemounts, original paint and interior, Shell Rotella 15W40)

You are wrong it happened on one day and I did not try a restart because Vida confirmed cyl 3/4 which can be one coil pack going south (or a lot of other things) either way being right in the middle of the engine it is v hot and I didnt wish to stress the head gasket yada yada as you say over there. The belt was done at 110,000 miles as was the serpentine belt alternator and freewhel pully. I don't cut corners on maintenace. The car has don so many runs of 300 miles mostly at 80 mph in the last 5 years I have lost count long ago.
    MY01 Ocean Race XC70 Blue/Silver

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12