Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    576

    Default Cannot Upload An Image

    For some reason, I cannot upload any image anymore. I resized the image a few times, and still any image cannot upload.
    It says:

    www.volvoxc.com
    The following errors occurred:
    X.jpg: Upload of file failed.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,304

    Default

    Same, but I thought my employer's nanny software bloating my PC was blocking it an upload, just tried yesterday.
    '04 XC70, Ice White, Taupe. Original owner (196K miles as of may21). 6 wheel bearings, broken ignition switch, broken turbo downtube flange, failed throttle body, many warped rotors, and a myriad of weird crap. Still my favorite car ever.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gibbons View Post
    Same, but I thought my employer's nanny software bloating my PC was blocking it an upload, just tried yesterday.
    Do you have an answer to that?
    Last edited by Oka; 11-22-2021 at 09:30 PM. Reason: For clarity.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,304

    Default

    It wasn't the nanny software, I can still upload pics to classifieds and stuff like that.

    I was trying to start a fun thread with a pic upload here.
    '04 XC70, Ice White, Taupe. Original owner (196K miles as of may21). 6 wheel bearings, broken ignition switch, broken turbo downtube flange, failed throttle body, many warped rotors, and a myriad of weird crap. Still my favorite car ever.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rugby UK
    Posts
    421

    Default

    I find this site problematic at times in other ways, - I try to open a thread in a new tab (FireFox and Safari) and it will not open. Often I resort to using TOR browser when I really want to read a topic. I blame Google and it's ad serving and data mining activity.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickbw View Post
    I find this site problematic at times in other ways, - I try to open a thread in a new tab (FireFox and Safari) and it will not open. Often I resort to using TOR browser when I really want to read a topic. I blame Google and it's ad serving and data mining activity.
    Please, what is "TOR browser"?
    Last edited by Oka; 11-23-2021 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Clarity

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rugby UK
    Posts
    421

    Default

    It is a "harderned" version of Firefox with httpS always on and No Script and it connects to any given URL via a series of intermediate "relays" part or the TOR network.In consequence it does not permit tracking methodologies to find your origin. Used in conjunction with a VPN (virtual private network) that offers making of IP address and Geo Location the combination offers a high degree of secure oline experience and retention of personal data.
    https://tb-manual.torproject.org/about/
    https://www.torproject.org/

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickbw View Post
    It is a "harderned" version of Firefox with httpS always on and No Script and it connects to any given URL via a series of intermediate "relays" part or the TOR network.In consequence it does not permit tracking methodologies to find your origin. Used in conjunction with a VPN (virtual private network) that offers making of IP address and Geo Location the combination offers a high degree of secure oline experience and retention of personal data.
    https://tb-manual.torproject.org/about/
    https://www.torproject.org/
    Thanks for the info.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Generally, I've found this forum software terrible. I'm using Firefox on a Mac, and I get booted out of being signed on after a couple of clicks on the forum. I don't know why. I guess it could be a browser setting that I don't know about, but I don't have this problem with any other website. I've lost posts that I had typed and tried to submit, and it wouldn't let me telling me to log in again. When I did, the post was gone.

    I'm having the same pic upload problem. I've been posting pics on imgur and embedding them with the [img][/img] tags.

    And, of course, I just submitted this post, and it's telling me i don't have permission because I have been logged out... Up at the top, it still shows I'm logged in. Geez

    Brett

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rugby UK
    Posts
    421

    Default

    Me too ... try TOR
    MY01 Ocean Race XC70 Blue/Silver

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •