Default Rough idle and poor driveability

Recently my 2001 V70 XC started idling poorly and then before I got home home it was driving very poorly. Very little acceleration and fuel smell from the exhaust. it has 3 codes: P1171 P1174 PD & P0134. I tried swapping the MAF sensor with no change. Is this most likely O2 sensor related or something else? Any help would be appreciated.

Have you peeked at your exhaust to make sure it’s still connected? It’s getting up there in age so you should make sure nothing has rusted through before you start chasing parts.

Also, when was the last time the vacuum lines were checked?

There are a lot of possibilities. Codes mean that the computer sees something out of range.

Doesn’t mean that the associated component has failed…

If you replaced the MAF with anything other than a Bosch or Volvo unit, you’ve only created more problems.

This year has the Marelli throttle body. You need to get the car hooked up to VIDA and run a sweep to check the TPS reading. Then you’ll know if the body is OK.

If it’s not, send it to XEMODEX for a rebuild.
    Current Fleet:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax 4WD 1794
    2005 MB S600 (126K, Michelin AS4, HPL 0W40)
    2005 MB SL600 (55K Michelin AS4, Mobil 1 0W40)
    2004 V70R (143K, six speed M66, HPL 5W40)
    2004 XC90 (235K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-XC (295K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-T5 (225K, IPD bars, Bilsteins)
    2001 V70-T5 (125K, IPD downpipe, cat back and other mods)
    1932 Packard Sedan (straight 8, dual sidemounts, original paint and interior, Shell Rotella 15W40)

I only tried the MAF sensor because I have another 2001 V70 that has the same part number MAF. Where would I be able to hook my car up to VIDA without going to the dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by roofus7044 View Post
    I only tried the MAF sensor because I have another 2001 V70 that has the same part number MAF. Where would I be able to hook my car up to VIDA without going to the dealer?
    In your own garage. Aftermarket knock-off systems are available. Failing that, a friend's garage who happens to own one. Failing that, an independent mechanic who owns one.

Brett

So I'm trying to figure out the whole Vida/Dice thing out. Will something like this work: https://www.ebay.com/itm/17297258208...499c%7Ciid%3A1

Or do I need a setup with a laptop? Any help understanding the whole Vida/Dice software and hardware would be very helpful..

There's a lot of info out there on VIDA/DiCE and it can be a little confusing. It does require a laptop to install the VIDA software and a physical DiCE unit which plugs into your OBDII port.

I'm not familiar with the capabilities of the iCARSOFT device you linked to above.

If you've got the time, you should probably search and do some reading. Here's the monster thread I referenced to install VIDA using a VIRTUAL MACHINE:
    https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/v...ources.481385/

I guess there's now a $5 charge to download the VIDA installation file for a Virtual Machine: https://volvodiag.com/download/

There's also a guy TacklaNHL that you can probably search for who sells laptops with VIDA/DiCE already installed who's gotten some good reviews.
    2007 XC70, 206,000 miles
    2002 V70XC, 130,000 miles, parts car

Quote Originally Posted by roofus7044 View Post
    So I'm trying to figure out the whole Vida/Dice thing out. Will something like this work:

Or do I need a setup with a laptop? Any help understanding the whole Vida/Dice software and hardware would be very helpful..
    For barely over $100 I doubt it will have the ability to monitor the throttle position sensor output as Astro14 suggests to do. I could be wrong, but you typically don't get much for $100. It does claim live monitoring capability, but it's probably limited to basic OBDII stuff like O2 sensors.

Brett