Default This means I will have cam seal problem?

Hi,
    My mechanic replaced cam seal 15K ago. He said it'll be all set for a long time.
    Please see the photos; the yellow circle or arrows indicate where I see oil (3rd photo is a timing belt cover).

I cannot go back to my mechanic since he moved away.
    Does it mean I will have a cam seal leak problem sometime soon?

We love the vehicle and would like to keep many more years, but cannot spend 3K for this problem...

Please advise.
    Thank you as always!

2004 XC70 230K
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Binder1_Page_1.jpg   Binder1_Page_2.jpg   Binder1_Page_3.jpg  

If a little oil inspires such fear, I recommend ditching this car. Living in fear of your car is no way to live. Sell it and get yourself into a happier situation. But, In general, as long as an oil leak is a slow leak, you can live with it forever. Just check your oil regularly and keep the oil full.

But, there must be more to this story. Exactly why were your cam seals replaced 15k miles ago? Did they get pushed out of the block due to pressure build up in the crankcase due to plugged channels in the PCV system? If so, was the PCV system replaced along with clearing any blocked passages in the system?

If your cam seals blew out of the block, and your mechanic just put in new cam seals without addressing the root cause (the PCV system), then you're going to blow out the cam seals again (and, you should be happy not to return to that mechanic...). So, what's the story here?

Brett

I don’t really see any oil…what am I missing from your photos? Timing belt is dry. Covers look normal. The minuscule amount of oil by the latch could be leftover schmutz from the previous work.
    Current Fleet:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax 4WD 1794
    2005 MB S600 (126K, Michelin AS4, HPL 0W40)
    2005 MB SL600 (55K Michelin AS4, Mobil 1 0W40)
    2004 V70R (143K, six speed M66, HPL 5W40)
    2004 XC90 (235K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-XC (295K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-T5 (225K, IPD bars, Bilsteins)
    2001 V70-T5 (125K, IPD downpipe, cat back and other mods)
    1932 Packard Sedan (straight 8, dual sidemounts, original paint and interior, Shell Rotella 15W40)

Thank you Brett,
    I completely agree.
    My happy Sunday toy car just broke down (over 36 years old) and I probably cannot drive it rest of the short NE summer. Then I saw this oil leak (my mech said it's all set for another 100K), so it made me stressed...

History of repairs (within 2-4 years):
    1) When I replaced ignition coil, saw decent amount of oil around the area. My mech suggested to do PCV system, and he fixed it (oil around ignition is completely gone).

2) Then since the dealer didn't have a record of the timing belt replacement (obviously previous owner used independent shop), my mech replaced the belt and pump, tensioner, etc.

3) The mech also suggested to replace the cam seals (he saw tiny bit of evidence of leak like I'm seeing now), so this was around 15-20K ago

This is the story.
    Again We love the car and want to keep it for another 100K like my mech said.

Thank you Astro14,
    Sorry I took these photos after I cleaned, but I will take it again if I can see the leak.

If it's not dripping on the ground, it's not leaking. I don't think you have anything to be concerned about. Let's talk about the happy Sunday toy car. What is it? and what broke?

Brett