Thread: ABS failure

Default ABS failure

Hello, I am looking for some insight on abs issue's. The other day the dash lit right up, ABS not working , traction control not working. I had a neighbor , who has one of the best analyzers that i have seen , outside of then dealer come by and read the codes. Left front tone wheel, XC60's don't seem to have one. So I assume the bearing is it. I replaced a sketchy sensor( cheap enough) , but it has not solved the problem. Any insight and help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisa66 View Post
    Left front tone wheel, XC60's don't seem to have one. So I assume the bearing is it. I replaced a sketchy sensor
    What about the tone wheel? Is there a problem with it? And what is a "sketchy sensor"?

Thanks for the reply, The "sketchy" sensor was a case of I wasn't sure at the time. It was an ATE sensor from FCP. To be sure I did a swap and replaced it with a Volvo part from FCP and will return the ATE one. I also did a swap with the working RT side sensor, with no change. The sensor doesn't read "0" , it fluctuates form 1 mph to 6 mph. As soon as the car moves, it spikes to 158mph. All other sensors read correct. I am using a reader with live capabilities. There does not seem to be an actual tone wheel of these cars, I assume it is built into the wheel/hub bearing assembly. Unless there is a way to zero the value of the sensor, I am going to replace the wheel/hub bearing assembly. Has anyone else had these issues?