Default Is it worth Fixing?

My father has a 2009 XC70 with just about 100,000 Km or 60 K miles on it. inn very good shape. Last week was involved in a tangle with tractor and brush hog. Looking at it, most of the damage appears to be right front control arm, axle, front of the rocker(wheel driven back when control arm was severed), and of course the front bumper system and exterior plastic/fender stuff. The very front of the right frame horn is curled but front "box section and ad support do not appear to have any kinks or bends obvious. It will need a driver side airbag in the wheel and 3 of the seatbelts blew. There is just nothing on the market with that low of mileage without getting into 16-20K dollars. Has anyone here got experience fixing collision damage on their XC and have any pointers or things to watch for? It will be a shop doing it not me in the backyard, but Volvo's are not common around here.

Is insurance involved? If so they will be the deciding factor

Depends on who is assessed as at fault. if it is 50/50, or if my father is at fault, There is no collision coverage therefore it will be up to him to fix or replace out of pocket. If the other party is at fault then the insurance will have the say. The problem is, there are no 09's around with 60K on them to replace it with. All of them have 2 or 3 times that mileage. We'll wait and see I guess.

If you could post some photos of the damage, you might get a few more opinions.
    2013 XC70 T6 Flamenco Red (hers)
    2015 XC70 T6 Seashell Metallic (his)
    past: 13 Volvos going back to '74 242 sedan

I've never faced this situation. Given your info, it seems your lowest cost-to-repair would involve buying a car-for-parts from salvage, one with rear-end collision, same paint color. Then,
    hire a competent rebuilder on fixed fee.

This is assuming no frame or drive-train damage. If the latter, it'll likely be totaled -- if insurance doesn't cover your loss, sell it to salvage.
    2013 XC70 T6 Flamenco Red (hers)
    2015 XC70 T6 Seashell Metallic (his)
    past: 13 Volvos going back to '74 242 sedan

I only have one pic currently I will add it in a bit. I did have a collision repair expert look at it and he was surprised how little substantial damage there was. The volvo frame did its job and other than the flange at the very front where the bumper bar bolts on there doesn't appear to be any damage. he couldn't find any kinks or bends. the lower control arm and front bumper took the majority of the impact. It will be going on a frame machine of course to ensure it is straight and square. I have sourced a complete High mileage parts car in the same color that has a bad head gasket so can be gotten for very cheap. Body wise it is perfectly intact and the paint is good. we will likely go that way.

I had totally forgotten I started this thread. almost a year later, The car is pretty much back on the road, awaiting a couple of details and final paint. It's been a lot of work with a couple of unexpected twists but anyhow. Mechanically the car needed a lower control arm, axle and an outer tie rod end. Body wise it got a new nose, hood and right fender. Also needed a pull on the A pillar and a new crumple zone at the front of the frame as well as bumper stuff. I ended up buying a parts car with a bad engine for 1000 bucks Canadian which provided almost every part including airbag and seat belts. Unfortunately I don't have a picture as it sits today. Looks like it did except for final paint. I had a 4 wheel alignment done last week and the car drives like new. Not a squeak or rattle. By the time its on the road I'll have about 6k cdn into it which isn't bad for a car with 100k kms on it. I can't seem to add pictures. will try again.