Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by hoonk View Post
    Yes I just talked to my local dealer and showing proof of ownership is a Volvo Rule - The parts guy has to send that to Volvo with the order. When I had my shop they did not require that from me because they knew me and I purchased $$$$ in parts from them every month. List price he quoted me was ~$220 for that part number.
    What if someone lives in a city without a Volvo dealer?
    There many ways to check car ownership.

I'll just suck it up living in Alaska and higher prices.
    One reason to go to the dealer here is, if any issue occurs, I can just drive to them.
    Last edited by Oka; 07-06-2021 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oka View Post
    What if someone lives in a city without a Volvo dealer?
    There many ways to check car ownership.

I'll just suck it up living in Alaska and higher prices.
    One reason to go to the dealer here is, if any issue occurs, I can just drive to them.
    UPDATE
    I decided to personally go to the dealer. I walked in with my car registration. I was ready for them to get my blood type. All he asked was the VIN number; that's it. No proof of ownership. Also, it ended up not being the $297.09 list, but $252.53 net. It will take a week. We'll see!

Got a call this morning that my order got in. I was shocked! I went to pick it up. I know the order would be electronically sent, but he physical key cylinder unit, will be mailed; from Germany, he had told me. I know I am special, so, it must have been sent to Anchorage in an F-15 Eagle (Long Range). It came with a key for the locking and unlocking the doors (nice). Installed it and all is well now. I feel better since someday, my remote fob might not work and I'll be stuck.

Thanks everyone for all your help.
    Cheers and stay safe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12