Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by br0dy View Post
    Just checked my records, Mon, Oct 30, 2017 is when I started the claim. Here's the pic I sent the Volvo Corporate office in Canada of the damage.
    Wow, you win! Mine is pretty minor, but it was on the top side and I could feel the heat before it got out of control. But I can't use the heater any more, I will miss it driving home from skiing.
    '04 XC70, Ice White, Taupe. Original owner (196K miles as of may21). 6 wheel bearings, broken ignition switch, broken turbo downtube flange, failed throttle body, many warped rotors, and a myriad of weird crap. Still my favorite car ever.

Quote Originally Posted by gibbons View Post
    Wow, you win! Mine is pretty minor, but it was on the top side and I could feel the heat before it got out of control. But I can't use the heater any more, I will miss it driving home from skiing.
    Having fixed a seat heater in another vehicle, I'll bet you could fix this one. There's going to be a wire broken in the heater element which you can probably solder a jumper wire across to fix things. it won't help the hole in the seat cover, but you'll have hot buns again. If the failure is like the one that is common in my former P38A Range Rover, there is a thick metal wire embedded in the foam that provides a frame for the upholstery to mount to. When you sit on the seat, the seat heater coil rubs against that wire frame, and eventually, it rubs through the heater wires and shorts them out.
    Brett

Far out! I'll give that a go when I need it again next fall. Thanks for taking the time to post that.
    '04 XC70, Ice White, Taupe. Original owner (196K miles as of may21). 6 wheel bearings, broken ignition switch, broken turbo downtube flange, failed throttle body, many warped rotors, and a myriad of weird crap. Still my favorite car ever.

Canada: Calgary Alberta - Panorama Mountain BC - Pender Island BC

I'm flabbergasted how well our '04 XC 70 has survived 410,000kms (>255,000 miles).

AWD was destroyed at 375,000 kms driving on a horrid Mexican highway for 200 miles (and return). Drove from Canada to Los Cabos and Mexico HW#1 offered 1-2 foot drops (unmarked) in the pavement! None of our other cars would have even survived that experience.
    Sunroof inoperative as part of the Alarm battery failure.
    Levinson upgraded radio occasionally channel surfs in FM mode.

The rig remains my daily driver and I plan on taking it across Canada later this summer.
    '04 XC70 Canadian Premium and Sport packages, Black (425,000 kms)
    '06 XC70 Ocean Race Model, IPD to 240 hp, 18" rims, Deep Blue
    Other rigs: '06 Toyota Avalon, '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee, '23 BMW330e (Plug-In-Hybrid)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12