Default Fuel Pump Electric Module (PEM) - Don't buy Dorman Unit

Don't make my mistake.....

My 2006 started to experience cutting out while driving on the freeway. No check engine light. This happened a couple times. VADA suggested the PEM and fuel pressure sensor were the culprits. So I got a Bosch fuel pressure sensor and replaced it. To try and save time and money, I went with the Dorman PEM from RockAuto. Advertised as plug and play replacement for Volvo with lifetime warranty.... Bad move...

The unit arrived the next day after ordering. Plugged it in and car will not start. Swapped back to the one that came with the car (unit has a ford logo on it) and car starts up without issue, but still stutters and cuts out when driving. So I guess I will shell out the additional cash and get the Volvo PEM and return the Dorman to Rockauto.

Update:. The fastest way to get the car rolling and the family back on track was a quick trip to Pick-N-Pull. Pulled two PEMs on from an 05 Xc70 the other from an 04 S60. The date code on the PEM from the S60 was 2012 suggesting it was a much newer unit likely a replacement. At $22 ea I took them both. Plugged the S60 one in the car and it fired right up. Put the second in the tray above battery and tire in case of a future failure

In just a day there is over 120 mi on the Pick-N-Pull PEM no issues!

Nice score!!

2005 XC70 - 50/35 Tint, Yakima Rack