Default Rear wiper fluid drains down barely sprays rear window now any idea?

Hi I just replaced my rear wiper on my 2004 Volvo XC 70 unfortunately I had a generic wiper blade kit ( Canadian Tire it doesn't work even if it says so)that did not work. After realizing this I was able to track proper part down ( Napa carries a Bosch replace OEM). Amazing how easy it is once you have right part. But after testing I noticed rear wiper blade works fine now but when you spray to rinse rear window the fluid barely hits window it kind of just drains onto rear bumper. It barely cleans rear window now.

After examining system it looks like it it suppose to hit the wiper cover and deflect onto window is that correct?

I then took cover off and when fluid was applied a strong stream shot directly back of car about 10 feet. Does that sound like normal operation?

It looks like the cover only goes on one way so think I have that correct Any chance I might of broke or wrecked something while I was trying to remove whole arm after I removed 13 mm bolt that hold rear wiper arm.?

Is there a another small cover that I may of broke or lost while doing wiper replacement?

Doesn't seem like rocket science but stumped on this one???

Any ideas or tests or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Oiler Country

I have this exact problem! I was just googling this yesterday. Mine has this symptom (spraying, but not up the back glass) since I bought it 10 years ago.

I think my nozzle may be broken off, mine looks nothing like this - https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vol...634270#reviews

2005 XC70 - 50/35 Tint, Yakima Rack

Thank you I figured there was a piece I broke off when I was changing blade. Hopefully will get part this week and install on weekend will let you know how it goes.

Anyone know the best place to order OEM parts online , I live in Canada.

Got mine fixed! Here's the old piece of what was left of my original nozzle next to the complete nozzle and it installed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210227_203302069.MP.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	9393Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210227_203549176.MP.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	9394

Quote Originally Posted by perkinscl View Post
    Got mine fixed! Here's the old piece of what was left of my original nozzle next to the complete nozzle and it installed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210227_203302069.MP.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	9393Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210227_203549176.MP.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	9394
    Finally received my part and was able to fix my rear wiper sprayer. Thank you to everyone who gave the tips and help. Just want to help out anyone else trying this DIY project a couple good tips.

1. When pulling out broken nozzle use thin needle nose pliers or something to just grasp the broken plastic, I was grabbing soft metal sleeve at same time and unfortunately damaged it in process I thought that piece had to come out but it does not. However able to mould back to shape so could insert new replacement nozzle.

2. Once you have new nozzle inserted, your spray may miss the back window, I thought it was because I didn't have nozzle piece in right direction, after trying every possible degree reinserting new nozzle still no luck water was spraying over the car to left on hood etc. it was quite comical. After a quick call to Volvo I was told there is very tiny adjustable pin holes or mini nozzles that can be moved with a pin to direct the way you want spray to go. After I discovered that spray was perfectly spraying how I wanted it.

Hope this helps

Oiler Country

One easy way to get the broken nozzle out is to screw in a small wood screw, and, when it grabs, withdraw it with a pliers.