Default Fuel Pump Electrical Troubleshoot

Hello,
    I have a
    2012 xc70 3.2. I6 series 95

I have installed a fuel pump after saving and installing myself took a coupke months with no help after mechanic left me stranded........and now seem to have an issue with the wiring coming from the p e m module to the fuel pump I can hear the pump trying to Prime if I wiggle The grey and orange Wire topside sending unit wiring harness. I still can't get car to crank any suggestions s to why or iif oem is essential to equation would help my car has been broken down since July please help.
    Last edited by VolvoMotoCo; 01-07-2021 at 11:30 AM. Reason: add car model

The flaky electrical connection is your major clue. I think you need to get to the root cause of it. I take it you bought an aftermarket fuel pump....if you compare the harness connector fit on the original pump vs. replacement pump, do you notice any difference? Any visual difference?

If you can pin down whether the flaky connection is in the connector mating, vs. strictly within the harness when unplugged from the pump, then this can narrow down the root cause. Is it possible the harness got strained when dropping the tank? Do the new pump's wire colors match the wire colorings in the original pump?

I envy you being able to drop the fuel tank (I have AWD). That said, I would only be using a Volvo-branded fuel pump were I to take on the job you're doing, and I'd be closely following the procedure in VIDA. Hope this helps.
    2013 XC70 T6 Flamenco Red (hers)
    2015 XC70 T6 Seashell Metallic (his)
    past: 13 Volvos going back to '74 242 sedan