Default Driver's door switches partially not working. DDM

So I have had the DDM (driver's door module) stop working correctly in my 2004 XC70 P2. It will control all the windows, locks and passenger door mirror, BUT will NOT control the drivers window, lock or mirror. I have removed the module, I have disassembled it, cleaned it, check all contacts, checked all connections. I have check the wiring harness and I have check and cleaned all the pins that connect to the DDM. I have a VIDA/DICE computer. I can see the DDM, I can control everything the DDM can control, except what I cannot directly do via the module as described above. What is the next step?
    Is the module good and needs to be reprogrammed? OR is the module bad and needs to be replaced AND the new module reprogrammed? I do not understand if the problem is with s/w or with the module it's self. If a DDM needs programming, does it not work at all? If it is JUST the driver's side accessories that cannot be controlled, does the whole module need to be replaced?
    Thanks!

Have you checked fuse 11C/35 located on the left side of the dash? The DDM gets power from two sources 11C/27 and 11C/35. Fuse 27 also supplies power to the passenger module so I think this one is okay but fuse 35 only goes to the driver's side DDM (assuming LHD), it's a 25A fuse. If the fuse is okay you may want to check for 12V on pin 12 of the DDM B connector, which would check for a possible broken wire connection to the module.

I have a friend with an 04 xc90 with the exact symptoms. Yesterday i hooked up VIDA and watched every selection of every button on the screen. However, just like you said, locks, window and mirror on the drivers door did not operate, even though i could see the selection happening.

Earlier that day they all worked for about 10 min, then again, nothing.

Vida showed codes for all the above errors.

Im super interested in the fix, as it works when it wants. I owned an 06 xc70 that did the same, i fixed it by selling it.

I would check one thing which is the wiring boot on the door, i remember seeing a thread about one of the wire connectors in the harness getting loose and/or corroded. That's the first thing I did when I had erratic PDM behavior. Ended up just replacing the PDM to be honest (the relays soldered to the PCB failed) and everything worked honky dorey. Just check which P/N you have and replace with that exact same part number.

oops.. disregard the first part.. your DDM is definitely dead! same phenomena as mine
    Last edited by br0dy; 04-22-2021 at 08:14 PM.
    Hers- 04 XC70 2.5T, 300KM
    His- 04 S60 2.4, 310KM

I dismantled MY01 DDM and clened it with isopropol alcohol. I steered well clear of WD40 or similar. Lots of people seem to think it is a substitute for electrical contact cleaner, or even a lubricant. My understanding is it was developed during WWII for displacing water ingress. I know it does not play well with PCB switches that come in electronics it leaves a gummy residue. So the re-assembly improved things and most times every function of the DDM works. However, just once in a while, if say soon after starting car and driving away I open drivers window the window will respond and then stop before going futher (aparently inop) however, by chance I discovered if I operate at same moment the drivers window switch and rear passenger window switch then both work normally, this also appears to clear the problem for the remainder of the drive. So it is as if there is an intermitant power interuption, either in the module or some other part of the system. I am wary of swapping electronic components unless they are identical in every respect - so I have chosen to live with the irritation.

Update Vida shows the power supply to the DDM and different parts of this receive power for different functions from different circuits, I think this is governed by the CEM - this contains a number of relays. Recently I found it necessary to change them out for new (mine are 20 years old) this has made all the difference. Also for information I have seen in various posts that the door lock (Valeo) contains various micro switches. My car has child locks operated from the DDM and the mechanical (orange screw driver slot on rear door shut ) it also has deadlocks which are auto applied after about 60 seconds. One of by rear doors stopped opening from the external handle it is nothing to do with the child lock system apparently. So in order to help determin the cause I opened up an identical door lock. It is entirely mechanical ... there are NO micro switches.
    MY01 Ocean Race XC70 Blue/Silver

Quote Originally Posted by nickbw View Post
    Update Vida shows the power supply to the DDM and different parts of this receive power for different functions from different circuits, I think this is governed by the CEM - this contains a number of relays. Recently I found it necessary to change them out for new (mine are 20 years old) this has made all the difference.
    Apologies, I'm not following this. You found it necessary to change what out? The DDM? or the relays?

Can you provide additional info so others can do this too? What parts, where did you get them, how to install etc.

I've had an intermittent driver door window for years. I'm looking to fix it.

thank you.