Default Resetting UEM/Configure Alarm after alarm/siren replacement?

I was curious if anyone here had experience with "configuring" the alarm siren after replacing it? Mine was toast, the typical exploded battery pack scenario, so I got a new one from FCP Euro and replaced it. I then attempted to re-configure the alarm using Vida. I went into the Communication tab, selected the UEM, then Advanced, and found an option for configuring the alarm.
    This takes you to a page where you click on the little "computer" icon and it has a pop up with a button to supposedly do the configuration. I found that when I click this the first time it will say it failed. If I click it a second time it shows success. However, I'm not convinced it is actually doing anything. If I do it again, I get the same behavior, and clicking the configure button seems to just 'toggle' back and forth between fail and success.
    I've tried a few iterations of this, but I STILL have the alarm communication code popping up and cannot seem to get rid of it.

Any suggestions to try and remedy this? It is highly irritating to spend the money on the new alarm siren but still have the stupid "service alarm" warning every time I start the car.

Have you checked the fuse for the siren? In the wiring diagram I have, which is for a 2002 model year, it's a 5A fuse, 11C/38 the bottom right fuse in the passenger compartment left side of dash.

Does the UEM need a reset? Lock/unlock the driver's door three times using the key. Does your sunroof work?

^^Winner winner chicken dinner . I feel like an idiot, I forgot that I had removed the siren fuse about 3 years ago when it first went out. Replaced the fuse, did the 'configure siren' again, and now the code is not coming back.