Thread: Lowering the XC

Cool Lowering the XC

Due to the pretty limited information on lowering p2 xc70s, i'm curious about some things
    I'm considering lowering my XC on some BC racing coilovers in the near future. The suspension is a little too soft for my liking, and I love the way XCs look lowered.

Based on my research, it looks like people recommend replacing the XC70 suspension parts with the V70 parts. It looks like the main differences besides from the strut assembly is gonna be the tie rod ends and the lower control arms. It sounds like without replacing the LCAs, the camber will be sorta negative- not something I particularly want on my daily driver. I wonder if camber bolts would provide enough adjustment to fix this? and if so, would that cause increased wear on other components? Then comes the tie rod ends- i haven't really seen anyone talking about it's effect on alignment on a lowered XC. I would be concerned with the toe.

So basically, it looks to me that I would need to spend that $200 on LCAs to lower it without destroying my alignment too much. Though some people have said not to worry about it too much.

If anyone has lowered their XC with BC coils i'd love to hear about your experience- how bad the alignment was, etc.

Oh yeah and one more note, don't tell me to get a different car. Thats not helpful.

Your bigger concern will the with the CV joints/axles and if you will be putting undo stress on your axles, bearings and transmission by changing the length/angle of attachment when lowering the car. I would look into the length of the CV's between the V70 and XC70. If they are the same, you will likely be OK.