Default Replacing single bad tire? Original not available?

Hello, have a 2001 XC70 and one of the Firestone FR710 215/65r16 tires was damaged from being run under inflated and a nail. The tread on the set is virtually new and they're a few years old but the car was parked most of that time. That tire is no longer made- can't find one. Can I replace with another tire of the same circumference or do they really need to be all an exact match with the AWD?

Quote Originally Posted by skylonda View Post
    Hello, have a 2001 XC70 and one of the Firestone FR710 215/65r16 tires was damaged from being run under inflated and a nail. The tread on the set is virtually new and they're a few years old but the car was parked most of that time. That tire is no longer made- can't find one. Can I replace with another tire of the same circumference or do they really need to be all an exact match with the AWD?
    I would get the closest firestone in the same size. They replaced that model with something, and it's going to behave quite similarly.

I've done this before with a Dunlop high-performance tire on another car and had no problem.

Here's a similar Firestone all-season in the right size, $85 delivered (similar deal also on Tire Rack if you don't have prime).

https://www.amazon.com/Firestone-Sea...omotive&sr=1-4

Quote Originally Posted by skylonda View Post
    2001 XC70

Can I replace with another tire of the same circumference or do they really need to be all an exact match with the AWD?
    Yes as others have suggested as close as possible - you want to try to keep the front and rear tires spinning at the same speed so you won't overheat the viscous coupling - but your car is almost 20 years old - so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Have you searched the used tire market? These tires are salvaged from car wrecks, and tire shops installing upgrades. You specify the tread depth to match what you currently have.
    2013 XC70 T6 Flamenco Red (hers)
    2015 XC70 T6 Seashell Metallic (his)
    past: 13 Volvos going back to '74 242 sedan

Default The 215/65R16 seems hard to locate

Quote Originally Posted by pbierre View Post
    Have you searched the used tire market? These tires are salvaged from car wrecks, and tire shops installing upgrades. You specify the tread depth to match what you currently have.
    Thanks for the replies - I think I will try to replace the one if I can-I did try ebay, closeouts etc. Many other sizes of this tire are out there but couldn't this size new or used. Firestone says the "All-Season" is the replacement- which is available. . I realize they're probably not the greatest tires but wanted to get some use out of almost unused set, they were new on the car when I got it a few years ago but I went through the ETM thing, complete suspension replacement, TCV issues , etc. and have just recently started driving this one - my first AWD after 9 other Volvos over the years.

Hmm, you shouldn't go for used ones. 4WheelOnline has a huge variety of tires to choose from and they're all brand new. They're also sold at an affordable price, so you might want to check them out.