Default 2006 XC70 code 925C rough idle won't rev over 2700 Help!

I'm working on a friends XC70 again. She needs to get it running to sell before she leaves the country and this morning it started idling rough, showing "Engine system service" in the message screen and won't rev over 2700RPM. I pulled code 925C with my OTC scanner, and when I live stream it, the throttle valve percent only changes like .2% even when I put the pedal to the floor. I'm thinking it's the Throttle body, but need some troubleshooting as I don't have access to any manuals or alldata for this thing.
    In the past couple years I've done a major tune up, plugs etc. serviced EGR system, cleaned the TB, checked for induction leaks. This is a new problem. It threw some evap system code and 0001 mileage manipulated yesterday, I just cleared them for her so she can try to sell this POS. any help appreciated since we need it running right asap

Just unplugged the TB connector, cleaned, contacts look good. Unplugged battery just to try. Hooked up scanner, took for a drive. Rough idle on startup again but as soon as I started to drive, it was fine, throttle valve on scanner % changed as I changed accel pedal position. Car revved up and ran fine. Good power, drove back to the house, cleared the code, "Reduced engine performance" message went away, engine idled smooth, acting normal. Turned off and started up, ran rough, went into limp, "Reduced engine performance" message came back, tried to drive it, but throttle valve % wouldn't move and car would hardly drive, RPM stuck at 2500 again and check engine light came back with throttle valve code. I'm leaning to the throttle body contacts being worn out, going to look for a known good used one as she just needs this thing running to sell it and leave the country. Thoughts?

You're prolly gonna need to scan and troubleshoot with VIDA/DiCE (Volvo's own OBDII diagnostic software) if you really want to pinpoint the issue. When you get a code after scanning with VIDA running on your laptop, you can click on the code and VIDA will take you thru a series of diagnostic steps, helping you to eliminate various possibilities until you find the problem.
    2007 XC70, 206,000 miles
    2002 V70XC, 130,000 miles, parts car

I'm not getting a VIDA, she's trying to sell it next week and leaving the country in 3. The good used TB made it run, but it's throwing codes for idle speed control and MAF again. It's got an intake or PCV leak again. I can't believe the problems with this car, it never has no codes, can't just run the way it's supposed to. I'm going to smoke it tomorrow somehow and hopefully find an intake leak

Quote Originally Posted by Terryfil View Post
    I'm not getting a VIDA, she's trying to sell it next week and leaving the country in 3. The good used TB made it run, but it's throwing codes for idle speed control and MAF again. It's got an intake or PCV leak again. I can't believe the problems with this car, it never has no codes, can't just run the way it's supposed to. I'm going to smoke it tomorrow somehow and hopefully find an intake leak
    Well, without VIDA you’re guessing. And guessing hasn’t worked so far.

It hasn’t run the way it’s supposed to because it’s never been properly fixed.

Without good diagnostic information, it’s unlikely it ever will be.
    Current Fleet:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax 4WD 1794
    2005 MB S600 (126K, Michelin AS4, HPL 0W40)
    2005 MB SL600 (55K Michelin AS4, Mobil 1 0W40)
    2004 V70R (143K, six speed M66, HPL 5W40)
    2004 XC90 (235K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-XC (295K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-T5 (225K, IPD bars, Bilsteins)
    2001 V70-T5 (125K, IPD downpipe, cat back and other mods)
    1932 Packard Sedan (straight 8, dual sidemounts, original paint and interior, Shell Rotella 15W40)

Why not just sell it like it is with the problems, a buyer with a VIDA/DICE set could buy it at a reduced price, you will be relieved of the headache, and it will be over for your friend.
    Last edited by AKAMick; 09-21-2020 at 08:34 AM.
    Current Junk: Couple of worthless rusty old clapped out Volvo bricks, XC70's 02, 04 & Countless P.O.S's, Rust buckets, Junk cars,( 50W Oily cesspool Sludge) Stolen and other assorted rubbish cars, 1928 Jed Clampett Tourer, (8 hole cast iron lump, original rust and decay, 40W Straight Bacon Grease),