Question Volvo xc70 cross country 2003 alert in aquaplaning ?

Hello everyone!!
    Sometimes, when I drive fast with my volvo old XC70 CC 210hp 2.4 (2003) over the rain, the car sounds an unbearable alert that increase with more speed, and reduce with speed.

Only appears in wet and at high speed, with a lot of water on the road, it does not seem for example crossing a river.
    It's like it's a water pressure detector on the front axle.

This is a really alert feature of this car? or is it a problem?.

Do you know this sound of alertness or unbeatable beep, which I mean?
    Has any of you happened?
    Could it be the water pressure in the wheel pitch?
    Or is it an ABS system alert?

The truth is that I have not found anything related to the subject and since 17 years I have it, I will try the V90 CC T6 to see if the same thing happens also.
    Thank you in advance for your help.

It’s the rain hitting your hot exhaust system, which then flexes because rain is cold and the exhaust is hot, so one side contracts while the other side expands.

The exhaust hits your rotating driveshaft....causing it to scrape against the driveshaft, which makes a terrible noise.

The fix is a modified exhaust hanger, available from Volvo, which lowers the exhaust so that it won’t hit the driveshaft when it flexes in the rain...or a big pair of vise-grips to bend the hangar...

Search for “rain squeal” with Volvo. You’ll see what I mean.

Here’s an explanation from another site: https://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/fo...ic.php?t=46655
    Last edited by Astro14; 09-09-2020 at 02:22 PM.
    Current Fleet:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax 4WD 1794
    2005 MB S600 (126K, Michelin AS4, HPL 0W40)
    2005 MB SL600 (55K Michelin AS4, Mobil 1 0W40)
    2004 V70R (143K, six speed M66, HPL 5W40)
    2004 XC90 (235K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-XC (295K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-T5 (225K, IPD bars, Bilsteins)
    2001 V70-T5 (125K, IPD downpipe, cat back and other mods)
    1932 Packard Sedan (straight 8, dual sidemounts, original paint and interior, Shell Rotella 15W40)

Thumbs up

Thank you Astro14 for your answer, after 17 years, at least I know the problem!!

I really appreciate your answer, at volvo dealers in Barcelona don't know what the problem is.
    I'll change the part as you review. It's curious that being European the solution comes from Virginia Beach from states!!
    thank you for your help!

Very kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Francesc View Post
    Thank you Astro14 for your answer, after 17 years, at least I know the problem!!

I really appreciate your answer, at volvo dealers in Barcelona don't know what the problem is...
    Possibly it's because the rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain?

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
    '04 XC70, Ash Gold / Taupe, Premium, Touring, Tinted Rear Glass, Rear Skyddsplåt, Wing Profile Load Bars, USA Spec 11,
    StonGard Light Protection, Yokohama YK740 GTXs, Meyle HD Sway Bar Links, ipd HD TCV, subframe & top brace poly bushing inserts,
    TitaniumTim XC Cup-holder Coasters.

the climate change afect all rhe world, and also Spain, nowadays rain a lots sometimes 60, 90,120 liters/meter in 1hour or 1/2 hour.
    Is in this moment when my Volvo screams! 🤣 🤣

Thanks!!