Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Leather paint/treatment for 2007 seat?

Have any of you tried to fix the seat leather where the 'bonded' part has worn off? Here is a picture of what it looks like. I was wondering about this Angelus product on Amazon -> https://smile.amazon.com/Angelus-Lea...dp/B01H0P3LZ8/

or something similar. Here are photos.

thanks,

Mainer

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs_P1140691.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	9342Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs_P1140690.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	9343

Maybe try it on an inconspicuous spot to see if it matches the color of your seat.

So this company does not have the right color. Close is not good enough for sure as I tried a small test spot. I even tried mixing in some other paints to try and match it. Nope.

Has anyone heard of a paint company that sells to the color code for the interior of this car? I have seen it listed as "oak" and as Taupe (80). The interior code from the VIN decal (http://www.volvohowto.com/volvo-s60-...code-meanings/) says 466-46.

I took it to a local auto paint dept and he was no help. I called the dealer and they are no help.

thanks, mainer

So after searching I went to Lowe's and had them mix up this Velspar paint ($5). I took in the booster seat piece so they could match the color. I had the Resolene ($8) which finishes it.

I found that you need to do the entire section of the seat to get it to look right. I lightly sanded it with fine paper to get rid of any flakes and hone down the cracks. I used about 3 light coats of each product. The Resolene is very runny and goes on with little bubbles that you have to brush out.

Not pro level results but looks fine and feels right. Not sure how it will stand up to use - we'll see. I think trying to put your butt in so it does not land on that portion of the seat hard so as not to grind your jean and belt rivets on it helps it last.

thanks,

Mainer

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs_P1140696.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	9346Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs_P1140699.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	9347Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs_P1140704.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	9348Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs_P1140705.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	9349

Looks nice, I’ve just been using a tough leather patch on mine because I have black seats and I’ll be the last owner of my wagon.

Great job man. I have the same wear on my seat and was wondering how to take care of it. I might give your method a shot! I wonder if I can take your picture of the paint bottle in and have them duplicate it.

Quote Originally Posted by PabloMoCa View Post
    Great job man. I have the same wear on my seat and was wondering how to take care of it. I might give your method a shot! I wonder if I can take your picture of the paint bottle in and have them duplicate it.
    That should work if you go to Lowe's with it. If somewhere else take in a piece like a headrest or booster seat that is easy to remove so they can match it. Good luck.

Mainer, what type of paint was the valspar? Just regular interior latex? I see the finish was satin but not anything else.

I purchased the Resolene and I'll get the paint and give this a shot on another car I have been wanting to do; maybe the e-brake boot in the xc once I patch the cracks.

Hey oro,

It just says "Valspar Color Sample" on the front - Base C. Maybe print that label picture and take it with you.

Good luck,

Mainer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast