Default Dice unit message; " Root element missing"

Vida loads everything works fine until I hit the "ok" after entering the vehicle profile. Then I get the "root element missing" message. The computer recognizes the device because I can hear the ding when I plug the dice into the computer or when I unplug it. Anyone ever seen this message? Thanks.

Did you install VIDA or are you running it as a virtual machine through something like VirtualBox?

Before you hit OK make sure the box for COUNTRY says USA or United States...?
    2007 XC70, 206,000 miles
    2002 V70XC, 130,000 miles, parts car

Quote Originally Posted by NTXC View Post
    Did you install VIDA or are you running it as a virtual machine through something like VirtualBox?
    It's Roxy's patch on Windows 10pro on a usb drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Xfingers View Post
    Before you hit OK make sure the box for COUNTRY says USA or United States...?
    I'll do that. It must be something simple. Thank you!

When you plug the USB of the DiCE into your Windows OS do you see a devices option on starting the Vida image. If so select the DiCE unit before lanching Vida-All-In-One. Then past the car profile make sure the device (DiCE) is selected in the option window. Finally confirm it is communicating with the module interfaces of the car. You may need a battery charger to maintain battery voltage and sometimes a 12v supply to the dice - independent of the USB. I also use RoxannaSchram's immage in VM on MacOS and find Dice works reliably.