Question HELP WITH SPRING PART NUMBER - Self Leveling Nivomat Suspension.

Hi there,

I've been looking at upgrading my shocks from standard suspension to Nivomat self leveling suspension.

I'm going to give the shocks a go with my existing springs first but need the part number for the Nivomat corresponding springs in case things go pear shaped and I need to replace the springs also.

Recently learnt that its impossible for a dealer to determine which spring matches up with nivomat shocks for my car using my VIN number; even when I have the part number for the shocks, which I do - 31302603.

Dealer needs a VIN number from a similar car Nivomats to determine which spring to use. Mine is a 2014 model D5 diesel (same chassis as the T6 found in the US). Even the XC60 shares the same chassis I'm told.

Does anyone have a 2014 model with self leveling suspension that could share the part number for their respective rear springs or their VIN number?

Been spending weeks on this and continue to hit brick walls. Hope someone here can help.

Will be uploading the information on the upgrade in case someone else is keen to do this for handling and towing. Will also be uploading my existing shock and spring part numbers in case someone wants to go the other way as a lower cost alternative to replace their nivomat shocks.

Last edited by Marine.Boy; 07-23-2020 at 12:45 AM.
    Sydney, Australia
    2014 XC70 D5
    2013 V40 D4

You might ask at volvoforums.com or sweedspeed.com

Quote Originally Posted by hoonk View Post
    You might ask at volvoforums.com or sweedspeed.com
    Might have to, hope not to need it. I've ordered the shocks and with any luck the standard springs will give me a more sporty ride and not lift the rear end too much.
    Sydney, Australia
    2014 XC70 D5
    2013 V40 D4