Default Location off engine bay low beam fuses on a '01 V70 XC, if they exist?

I have a passenger side low beam out. The bulb looks fine, but the harness socket isn't receiving any voltage. The drivers side low beam and both high beams are fine. The low beam fuses in the interior dash panel are fine and are receiving proper voltage. I was thinking it's probably a faulty harness or a ground issue somewhere in the headlight ballast.

I'll resume troubleshooting in the morning, but after a bit of research I see that V70s have additional headlight fuses in the engine compartment fuse box (#17). This poster had the same failure on their '02 and solved it by replacing one of those engine fuses.

However, I'm not seeing any of those headlight fuses in the engine fuse box of my '01 like the diagram linked above indicates. Am I missing something? If those engine bay headlight fuses exist, I'd like to rule them out before taking out the headlight ballast this weekend, which I'm not looking forward to. Any advice or insight is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by zeep100 View Post
    passenger low beam out. the harness socket isn't receiving any voltage. The low beam fuses in the interior dash panel are fine and are receiving proper voltage. I was thinking the headlight ballast.
    Attached are diagrams for 2001 and 2002 headlamps. You confused me with the Imgur attached photos of yours - they are of the B fusebox under the hood and all headlamp fuses for a 2001 (according to the Volvo wiring diagram edition i have, sometimes there are errors) are in the C fusebox on the end of the dash. Note that headlamp fuses have been moved to the B fusebox under the hood on a 2002.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2001 hlamps.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	9303Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02 headlamps.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	9304

Also you used the word ballast - as in the transformer for an HID bulb - those are not shown in a 2001 or 2 wiring diagram. Are you saying you have HID bulbs? Or do you have H7 bulbs (with two melted by now spade connectors)?

Here's an example of a HID bulb wiring diagram from an 07 - the dash lines from the CEM to the headlamps is the wiring used for the ballasts.

Name:	07 headlamps.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	9305

Quote Originally Posted by hoonk View Post
    Attached are diagrams for 2001 and 2002 headlamps. You confused me with the Imgur attached photos of yours - they are of the B fusebox under the hood and all headlamp fuses for a 2001 (according to the Volvo wiring diagram edition i have, sometimes there are errors) are in the C fusebox on the end of the dash. Note that headlamp fuses have been moved to the B fusebox under the hood on a 2002.

Name:	2001 hlamps.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	9303Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02 headlamps.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	9304

Also you used the word ballast - as in the transformer for an HID bulb - those are not shown in a 2001 or 2 wiring diagram. Are you saying you have HID bulbs? Or do you have H7 bulbs (with two melted by now spade connectors)?

Here's an example of a HID bulb wiring diagram from an 07 - the dash lines from the CEM to the headlamps is the wiring used for the ballasts.

Name:	07 headlamps.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	9305
    Thanks for the wiring diagrams and apologies for the wrong terminology. What I should have said was headlight assembly, not ballast.

It makes sense that the headlight fuses would all be in C fuse box, as there's already quite a few in there. I'm about to take another stab at troubleshooting right now. Thanks.