Default 2016 XC70 AWD Tire Question

I own a 2016 XC70 T5 2.5L AWD (P3), it has 36K miles and I need new tires. I do not like the stock tires (Pirelli Scorpion Verde All-Weather Run-Flat, 235/50 R18 97V), they are not great in the snow and I keep having to fill them up often whenever the temperature changes. I'm looking to buy All-Terrain tires, specifically the BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 but I don't want to buy new (smaller) wheels and the closest size they have available is a 255/55 R18. It fits my wheels, my question is does anyone know if they will fit the car (without major modifications, like lifting it!). Thank you!!

A similar question came up recently on SwedeSpeed: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...0-P3-2008-2016

The transition from winter <--> summer driving in New England is perhaps best solved by keeping two sets of wheels (if you have a place to store them).

One option you might consider is to buy 4X the 17" XC70 rims from a junkyard (from XC70s going back to 2008) for about $80 / per + shipping. If you don't care about appearance,
    for about the same price, Tire Rack will sell you plain black 17" rims paired with a compatible winter snow & ice tire (e.g. BLIZZAK). Those are your snow wheels.

If you think you could swing it, see what kind of deal you could get from Tire Rack?
    2013 XC70 T6 Flamenco Red (hers)
    2015 XC70 T6 Seashell Metallic (his)
    past: 13 Volvos going back to '74 242 sedan