Default Door Locks and flashing lights to confirm locking/unlocking

The tailgate on my 01 stuck shut I had to brake the interior tailgate trim to get at the lock before I could open it. The solenoid was jammed in the closed position and I subsequently freed it. However I fitted a donor tailgate lock and trim from a seven seater which has an interior handle to open the tailgate from inside (there is also a key operated exterior tailgate lock which I reluctantly left out - because they didn't save the key). So, now all doors are locking and unlocking including the tailgate (I swear the 'new' lock is stronger/heavier) but my memory is that before the change when I operated the door locks via plip key the direction indicators would flash twice to indicate open and once for closed. Also if just the tailgate was opened then when it was shut it would lock and the lights would flash to confirm. Now the lights only flash when unlocking, on locking nothing (but the doors all lock). Any thoughts anyone?

The usual cause is that one of the 6 door-closed sensors is reporting in "door-open" during locking. Likely either the tailgate or the hood. The software is set up to flash the turn signals to indicate the car is securely locked. I remember from my '04 XC70 that, if the tailgate was hanging open when I hit the "lock" button on key fob, the triggering event to send the flash was the tailgate closure (completing the door-closure sensing requirements).

Check for a good ground connection to the tailgate latch-lock assy.
    2013 XC70 T6 Flamenco Red (hers)
    2015 XC70 T6 Seashell Metallic (his)
    past: 13 Volvos going back to '74 242 sedan

Thankswhen the rain abaits I will check out the latch-lock is grounded.

So during the week I freed off the stuck solenoid of the original tailgate actuator and for interest checked the microswitch is working (using a meter) telling the security system the tailgate is closed and it is. The donor vehicle actuator has a much more substantial looking solenoid and somewhat different mechanical parts through which the actuator rods pass from the opener latch and interior handle, it also has a lever visible when hatch open near the lock pawl which seems to be a child lock safety catch. I checked the microswitch on this and it's working too. The tailgate locks and unlocks on both general lock/unlock buttons and the tailgate button but the direction lamps don't flash on lock only unlock. I am completely stuck with this. I seems too coincidental that between the actuator sticking requiring a teardown and replacement that on or more wires in the tailgate loom have severed. Having got tailgate back together and working I really don't want to tear down any more of the cargo area to continuity check the wires. The status indicator lamp on the dashboard is flashing once a second when locked: alarm is connected, so I will live with it for now.

Final post (I hope) on this topic I have barely used the car given UK lock down and Covid-19 but today I went provision shopping to a town 12 miles away. When I returned to the car and unlocked it to load my purchases I noticed that both the lock and unlock signals are being acknowledged by the turn signals. I don't know why they are suddenly working again but I am glad!
    MY01 Ocean Race XC70 Blue/Silver

I'm not sure if there's a hoard of gremlins living within the locking system or, not , but my '06 used to flash the signals whenever all locking was complete. I.E.
    If locking and all doors are already closed --> flash & lock.
    If any door(s) was open and I lock, then no flash until such time as I closed remaining doors, then --> flash & lock.

It seems when I was experiencing some random electrical issues due to low battery things changed. I now have a new battery. Now, the only time that I get the flash is after driving and all doors are closed first. I.E.
    If the motor was just on and all doors are already closed, and I lock the car --> flash & lock.
    If the motor was just on and any door was open and I lock the car, then close the door --> no flash, but doors do lock.
    If the motor was not on and all doors are already closed, and I lock the car --> no flash, but doors lock.

Does anyone know if there is a software setting for how the doors lock? I don't have Vida/Dice.

Thanks in advance anyone.
    '06 XC70 (Ice White) - 2.5T-Auto -102K Miles to-date
    '93 850 GLT -2.4L-Std - the Red Rocket - gone
    '80 240DL -B21F-Std - killed in 2015 by a Mazda outside our house @282k kms