Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by hoonk View Post
    Srs lamp communication is a common DIM fault,
    There may be bad incandescent bulbs in the DIM (don't remember what year they went to all led)
    My DIM is LED. The gauges are lit properly. The readouts on the bottom are dimmed. I can read them at night, but they are too dim to read in daylight.

I could not find a setting in VIDA for this.

and there may be bad bulbs in the radio
    Likely scenario, though I did have the radio display on most of the time, but with intermittent outages. When the DIM displays went dim, the radio display went out altogether.

Headlamps are always on because that is the default (headlamps on in the off position, and high beams won't stay on with switch in off position)
    Before the weirdness with the DIM, the headlights were working with daytime running lights on with the switch at 9 o'clock, with the headlights switching on automatically with the light level. At the 12 o'clock position it was headlights on, and the highbeam switch would work as normal.

When the DIM went dim and radio lights went out, the headlight switch stopped working and the headlights are on all the time. The highbeams cannot be normally used in any headlight switch position, I have to hold in the stalk to keep the highbeams on.

You CAN change that so the headlamps have an off position with your Vida. Google flexnoll, and flexstd.
    I tried to change this in VIDA. I found the settings, I tried programming all three modes, testing the switch in between. There is no effect whatsoever, headlights still stuck on and highbeams won't normally work with the switch on.

To erase codes click "delivery" on the screen showing all the codes - at the bottom left corner of the screen is "erase all" With a DIM error a srs code might not erase.
    This DID work in VIDA. My SRS warning is now off, yay!

*UPDATE* After trying to program the CEM I tried running diagnostics. Shoulda done that first. I'm getting a CEM-1E04 Communication with LSM Control Module Signal Missing. This can be either:

1) bad headlight switch
    2) defective CEM
    3) fault in the cable between CEM and headlight switch

Thanks,
    Greg
    Last edited by Kragmeister; 08-12-2020 at 12:31 PM.
    Greg,
    Hellertown, PA USA

Current ride: '04 XC70

Again wishing I could rename a thread. Armed with VIDA and wiring diagrams I started to try logically troubleshoot my problem.

To recap,the digital instrument displays, and radio displays are out. Headlight switch doesn't work and headlights are always on when the car is on.

After pulling the codes, I concentrated on the headlight switch. Turns out that there is a connector with only 3 wires on the Light Switch Module. I didn't think it was this part since the fuel door button was still working fine. There's a red power wire, green/white signal wire and brown wire. I checked with a meter and found that there was power and signal TO the LSM.

I plugged the cable back in, and turned the car on to check more codes and this time everything was working normally, including the switch! Turned car off and on again, and it was back in fault. Turned off and on a couple of times and still in fault. Disconnected the switch, reconnected and turned the car on. Proper function. Used VIDA to pull codes and the CEM-1E04 code was gone. Turned car off, then on and it was in fault again and the CEM-1E04 code was back.

I checked around the local scrappers for a 2004-ish XC70/V70/S60 and found nothing, so I ordered another LSM off eBay. Hopefully that fixes it.

Then I still have to get a full set of tires and another driver door window and I'll pass inspection.
    Last edited by Kragmeister; 08-21-2020 at 12:15 PM.
    Greg,
    Hellertown, PA USA

Final update! VIDA to the rescue. Turns out all the issues were solved by replacing the LSM. The DIM and radio data displays came back up. The headlights now work as they did before. I cleared all the codes with VIDA and none came back that pertained to this problem. WHEW!
    Greg,
    Hellertown, PA USA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12