Default 2004 CEM replacement?

Too bad threads cannot be renamed.

I started another thread about the DIM, but it seems that the real problem is my 2004 XC70'S CEM.

Does a CEM require reprogramming? Is it possible to use one from a junk donor vehicle? If reprogramming of a replacement is needed, recommendations where to send it?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Greg
    Hellertown, PA USA

Current ride: '04 XC70

Few options:

1. Xemodex can clone your old CEM for absurd amount of $$$ (judgeing it by looking at the price of CEM repair, which largely involves one cheap relay replacement).

2. I think VDASH can clone CEM, too: https://d5t5.com/article/vdash-volvo-diagnostic

3. Talk to user yagger at matthewsvolvosite.com

But get a J2534-compatible scanner and read the codes with VIDA first. CAN network in P2 is complex enough to make head scratching diagnostic very unreliable.
    2002 V70 (sold)
    2005 XC70 (Telos Road took it. Did a chassis swap)
    2016 XC60

Quote Originally Posted by Kragmeister View Post
    it seems that the real problem is my 2004 XC70'S CEM.

Does a CEM require reprogramming?

Is it possible to use one from a junk donor vehicle?

If reprogramming of a replacement is needed, recommendations where to send it?
    What do you think is wrong with your CEM?

Yes, needs to be coded, is not plug and play from a junk car, and a company such as xemodex can solve your problem - But what do you think is wrong with your CEM?
    and what process led you to that conclusion?

If this is in relation to your other thread about headlamp and dashlight problems - I would suggest using VIDA. A scan should give some sort of codes pointing you hopefully in the right direction. Guessing at a odd electrical problem can be a very expensive and frustrating sport.
    Last edited by hoonk; 06-04-2020 at 09:58 AM.