Default What are these flaps under the rear floor for?

There's the net on the underside of the floor section, too. Is that supposed to hold something from the factory?
    Brett
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2960.jpeg  

Quote Originally Posted by Brett San Diego View Post
    There's the net on the underside of the floor section, too. Is that supposed to hold something from the factory?
    Brett
    The Swede's use that net to store the fish they catch in all those fjords they have over there, kinda useless if you don't fish.
    Last edited by AKAMick; 05-02-2020 at 05:45 AM.
    Current Junk: Couple of worthless rusty old clapped out Volvo bricks, XC70's 02, 04 & Countless P.O.S's, Rust buckets, Junk cars,( 50W Oily cesspool Sludge) Stolen and other assorted rubbish cars, 1928 Jed Clampett Tourer, (8 hole cast iron lump, original rust and decay, 40W Straight Bacon Grease),

IIRC it's for groceries., i.e., with the floor raised as in your photo, groceries or similar held in place behind the net. Or fish.
    '04 XC70, Ash Gold / Taupe, Premium, Touring, Tinted Rear Glass, Rear Skyddsplåt, Wing Profile Load Bars, USA Spec 11,
    StonGard Light Protection, Yokohama YK740 GTXs, Meyle HD Sway Bar Links, ipd HD TCV, subframe & top brace poly bushing inserts,
    TitaniumTim XC Cup-holder Coasters.

Next time I pull some fish out of the Mojave Desert, I have a place for them. Cool. What's up with the ridiculous flaps? Anyone? Quite a lot of effort went into designing these things so they'd open up when you pull the floor up and lock it. All that for no purpose?
    Brett

The flaps keep the floor
    from inadvertently closing when loading slippery fish into the net. Swedish ingenuity,
    Current Junk: Couple of worthless rusty old clapped out Volvo bricks, XC70's 02, 04 & Countless P.O.S's, Rust buckets, Junk cars,( 50W Oily cesspool Sludge) Stolen and other assorted rubbish cars, 1928 Jed Clampett Tourer, (8 hole cast iron lump, original rust and decay, 40W Straight Bacon Grease),

Next time I pull some fish out of the Mojave Desert, I have a place for them. Cool. What's up with the ridiculous flaps? Anyone? Quite a lot of effort went into designing these things so they'd open up when you pull the floor up and lock it. All that for no purpose?
    Brett
    As I said, seriously, the entire assembly is designed so groceries can be secured behind it using the net.

Unfortunately, one problem with the execution is that the carpet mat on top of the flap isn't designed to easily fold back with the it.
    '04 XC70, Ash Gold / Taupe, Premium, Touring, Tinted Rear Glass, Rear Skyddsplåt, Wing Profile Load Bars, USA Spec 11,
    StonGard Light Protection, Yokohama YK740 GTXs, Meyle HD Sway Bar Links, ipd HD TCV, subframe & top brace poly bushing inserts,
    TitaniumTim XC Cup-holder Coasters.

The net will hold items without the plastic wings on either side. I still don't get it. Oh well, I've got more important things to do today...
    Brett

The net will hold items without the plastic wings on either side. I still don't get it. Oh well, I've got more important things to do today...
    Brett
    Just let it go!, you will find a lot more puzzling things engineered into these bricks, many WTF? things to discover.

I'm literally letting them go. They'll be getting cut off soon.
    Brett