Default REM torubleshooting

Hi all, I recently purchased a 03 volvo xc70 with 250k kms. I got it for cheap so it was not without faults, I am a HD mechanic so i figured I would be able to sort out its problems single handedly. Sadly I am not able to overcome some of the trickery left by the tricky swedes 17 years ago. When I bought the car the main complaint was that the dash was non-functional along with a few other minor problems such as a few burnt out bulbs and fuses. As i started to work on these problems it seemed the vehicle was very cross with me touching it so it proceeded to fall apart, some of that I will take blame for, but yet it continued to crumble much to my dismay but I digress. I have since sent and received my fully functional dash back from xemodex and the only problems left are; Fuel gauge is not working, rear wiper and sprayer not working, and finally the rear doors and hatch do not unlock from the central lock in d/s door or key fob. My hunch is that these problems are all connected through the REM. If you have any ideas please help and ask me any question you would like as I have done some diagnostic work previously and can rule out a few possibilities. I plan to tackle these problems over the coming weeks as they are non critical to the operation of the car.

Thanks, sorry for rambling

Fixed. For any that encounter a similar problem, check your relays. I was able to return function to all affected modules and more that i did not realize were not working until they started again. The fault I found was the rear wiper relay in the REM. It was the one above the blue relay on the right side of the REM. Swaped in a known good one and all funtion was restored surprisingly

Well Done!
    Current Fleet:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax 4WD 1794
    2005 MB S600 (126K, Michelin AS4, HPL 0W40)
    2005 MB SL600 (55K Michelin AS4, Mobil 1 0W40)
    2004 V70R (143K, six speed M66, HPL 5W40)
    2004 XC90 (235K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-XC (295K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-T5 (225K, IPD bars, Bilsteins)
    2001 V70-T5 (125K, IPD downpipe, cat back and other mods)
    1932 Packard Sedan (straight 8, dual sidemounts, original paint and interior, Shell Rotella 15W40)