the '08 saga continues. I got the ECU back from XModex and she fired right up, I was delighted. Now she has 2 (although I'm sure they are the same root cause) trans issues.

a) she will go into limp mode and throw the generic engine trans issue code (P0900) and the A/T will throw P0970 solenoid C circuit Low.

b) I will get no A/T codes, I will get P0900 and she will slip like a standard with a totally burned out clutch.

as a quick start I drained the fluid and I don't even think I'm doing that right. I have her up ramps and I got about 2 quarts out. the good news is that the fluid I got out had no observable metal after a thorough sweet with a magnet. Also (I don't know if this is good or bad) it has clearly never, or not in a long while, been changed as it was more of a rust color that bright red).

I don't know where to start, you guys know me, I want to just start swapping parts like the trans ECU or find the 'C' sensor and swap that out. But I'm learning so I figured I'd ask first where to start. I did clean off the pins from the ECU and they look nice and coppery and none are bent but that's all so far.

I have a boot legged copy of Vida but (it's Vida B) and I reset the clock but it came up with 'the last time logged in was later than the current time' so I need to research how to get back in there as a lot of the posts seem to indicate Vida will help me here.

Lastly, I have a Volvo specific code reader that gives you more info than the standard codes, I'll run that and post anything that I can find.

Thanks, as always for the help.

To be clear this is a different car than the older model I have with the ABS issues.

Thanks as always,

drGian