Default No start, pulled codes, next step.

Lost power and died on the side of the road. Pulled it home and did a VIDA DICE. Codes with yellow lights. CEM-4A31 and 35 Ejector signal and Fuel level . The other two were ECM-340B and 341B Inlet and Outlet cam sensor signal missing.

i changed the cam seals and timing belt last summer. Wonder if I wasn't right on timing and it moved a little causing it to no send a signal.

It fires once in a while when turning it over. Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

Ok, I'll post some of my thoughts. We know that there are splines on the crank shaft but there are none on cam shaft ends where they meet the vvt hubs/pulleys. Perhaps I did not torque those down enough to prevent the cam sensors from reading. If one cam sensor wasn't reading, I'd say it is the cam sensor. Both not reading, it seems that its something else. Or both cam sensors went bad at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by olevolvo View Post
    Lost power and died on the side of the road.
    It fires once in a while when turning it over. Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!
    Compression, Fuel, fuel pressure, spark? Then cam timing.

You would be surprised how many dead cars were towed to me because they were out of gas. Does the gas gauge work properly? (the fuel senders indicate 1/2 to full on one side of the saddle and empty to 1/2 on the other side.