Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Have you tried talking to Volvo about the oil burning issue that they are fixing under warranty for other owners?

Not yet, but will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark2112 View Post
    Yes, that’s the engine code pbierre. Anyone clean out or replace breather box/ system on these? Might be worth a try before going to other measures.
    We're trying to explain excessive oil consumption (via combustion, not an external leak)....can someone explain what a clogged PCV would have to do with over-combustion of oil?
    2013 XC70 T6 Flamenco Red (hers)
    2015 XC70 T6 Seashell Metallic (his)
    past: 13 Volvos going back to '74 242 sedan

If the PCV system were blocked, the blow by (the slight amount of gasses that leak past the piston rings during the compression or power stroke into the crankcase) would have no where to go - and as pressure built up in the crankcase those oil laden gasses could be forced upward past the pistons rings (during the intake stroke) into the combustion chamber and burned.

A working PCV system captures those gasses and condenses the oil out (in what I call the flame shield box or oil separator) and sends the somewhat oil free gasses back into the intake to be burned.

Usually if the PCV system is blocked a crankshaft or cam seal get pushed out from the internal pressure in the crankcase.

Does the glove test on the opened oil cap while running really work to determine a clogged PVC system? I tried it just to see and was being sucked pretty forcefully rather than filling with air. Glad I held on to it and pulled it off before it went down into the engine 😴

I was looking at the TSB again that I posted earlier and there is a ‘Strue Week Range’ . I’m not sure what that means? On the engine cover there’s my engine code and another # that looks like this •4796233*. Not sure if that’s the serial # or what?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12