Took over wife’s XC 70 around 50 k, and now has 90k. Always did factory recommended services at dealer. Never noticed oil consumption problem until recently (probably starting)around 80k. Oil pressure light came on driving near auto parts store and could believe how much oil I had to add to get back up to top level (nearly 4 qts.)😖 it was my fault for not regularly checking level, but never had problem before. Lesson learned -always check oil regularly. I thought there would be a light that would come before getting that low? I’ve been monitoring oil since and burning about 1qt.per 1k. Took into dealer recently for regular service and they only pulled a spark plug and added BG oil additive product, and replied they’re no engine codes. Out of warrantee and don’t care to deal with them any longer. After reading about burning oil, could be varnished/stuck rings, worn rings, PCV, Valve seals, or...? after doing some research. I’m thinking doing BG platinum fuel additive to clean fuel system and combustion chamber, then do BG EPR engines clean and possibly unstick rings back to normal. I’ll be doing my own oil changes from now on, but every 5-6 k. If the flush doesn’t seam to help, I’ll get her checked over by an independent mechanic. Has anyone ever tried BG EPR, or experienced varnished/stuck rings? I read that engines now days are more prone to this problem especially with such long oil change intervals. Thanks for any tips or advice. Love the car and trying to make it last.