Default Few fixes and upgrades done...

Cheers all!

First, a fresh dent. My best guess someone's large light colored truck bumper into my forward section of the fender:

Harbor freight to the rescue! Larger portion of the dent pulled out with the compact suction cup

Small dent left after that

Great $15 kit for these smaller dents

And now, after some cutting and buffing, the paint and the fender restored

Replaced the ugly dried up lower windshield corner trims

And now

Replaced the factory head unit, moved on into modern technology finally. All the music transferred to MP3 format, and I needed the Bluetooth. So factory cassette/cd is out and replaced with this basic Pioneer MVH-S622BS

Has all the basic features I needed, truly custom RGB color adjustments so buttons and display colors are well matched with the factory illumination. Has adjustment for brightness that is automatic based on the hours programmed, so it does not "blind" you out at night. And has 4V 3 sets of output. will replace all the tired speakers in the spring along with the 6ch amplifier and compact custom sub box (will go under the cargo cover).

My only gripe, that Metra kit had the grey metallic finish, and my trim is black. So I had to spray it out in multiple layers of black. Turned out perfect. I know there is a factory double din kit from Volvo, but at $120 I passed, took Crutchfiled up on their $9 discounted Metra that's that...

My little brother is such a good brother (also a Volvo owner, 99 V70 XC), he was at a pick-a-part yesterday, brought me near new condition all weather floor mats in my color! Dealer told me these are NLA in this sand color. Perfect for the winter!

So little thing, but needed things are being done.

Regards,
    D
    2004 Volvo XC70
    1998 MB C280
    1995 MB SL500

Very nice! Thanks for posting.

Any tricks to replacing the windshield corner trims? Do they simply slide in/out?

Quote Originally Posted by BrickDriver View Post
    Very nice! Thanks for posting.

Any tricks to replacing the windshield corner trims? Do they simply slide in/out?
    Cheers!

There are two retaining plastic rivets, and once removed, the corners slide out toward the center of the car. In replacement corners, the lower rivets are included, the upper are not. So if you need to replace the top rivets, those are #31 on the following diagram (part number 3521768)

https://usparts.volvocars.com/a/Volv...GR-280663.html

Regards,
    D
    2004 Volvo XC70
    1998 MB C280
    1995 MB SL500

Awesome. Thanks for the part number and reference drawing. I actually ordered the windshield corner trims this past Thursday, so your tip is very timely for me. I didn't realize that the plastic rivets were different. My current trim pieces each have one rivet remaining, so hopefully the replacement parts will come with the other one. ;-)

Nice! Mine's in the body shop with a similar dent. The other guy's insurance is paying for it.
    I've been debating getting one of those HF suction cups they look pretty good after seeing this. That HF cross bar kit looks pretty handy. I had one of them in an eBay PDR/glue gun repair kit but if broke on first attempt to use it. I'll have to give the HF one a shot, since I got a fresh new tree branch dent on the top of my van's front fender.
    2004 Volvo XC70 83k
    1994 MX-5 Miata M-Edition 35k
    2003 Ford E-150 Econoline 110k