Default rain sensing windshield / wipers Or not ?

Does the 2001 model have rain sensing windshield / wipers that increase wiper speed when it senses rain, Or not ?
    09 Toyota Prius, Sprectra Blue
    01 Volvo V70XC, Ice Blue, 7-seater, built 4-01
    85 Ford Country Squire, Beige Woody, V8, ~79K mi [RIP]
    70 Chevy Malibu, Forest Green, V8 (ret)

Not on my 02; but included on my 07. I gave it a try when I first got the 07XC and wasn't terribly impressed. I use the adjustable delay setting on my wipers and sometimes just find it easiest in very light rain to give the wiper lever a quick raise up with my finger to clear the windshield.

Maybe I should try using the rain sensor again...Are there people who like it?
    2007 XC70, 206,000 miles
    2002 V70XC, 130,000 miles, parts car

We liked it very much in our MY2004, more so than in our MY2018 XC90.
    It wasn't perfect, eg. the system couldn't cope with certain conditions such
    as drizzle in combination with high pressure sodium street lights.
    But in general it worked very well. It helps if you don't focus on the exact
    moment it engages since this will almost always be different from the moment
    you would engage the wipers yourself.
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)

All of 3 P2 I've had had rain sensors. About half year ago the windshield was replaced with a Chinese one (I overlooked that, yeah), rain sensor is not working anymore, I don't miss it terribly.
    2002 V70 (sold)
    2005 XC70 (Telos Road took it. Did a chassis swap)
    2016 XC60 (sold, P.O.S.)

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    It wasn't perfect, eg. the system couldn't cope with certain conditions such
    as drizzle in combination with high pressure sodium street lights... It helps if you don't focus on the exact
    moment it engages ...
    Well noted, precisely my observation!

Quote Originally Posted by vtl View Post
    All of 3 P2 I've had had rain sensors. About half year ago the windshield was replaced with a Chinese one (I overlooked that, yeah), rain sensor is not working anymore, I don't miss it terribly.
    2004 here, and if it was gone, I certainly would not miss it either. At least this once seem to be a little more consistent than our W211 E500, where I absolutely wish I didn't have that option!

Regards,
    D