Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DEM000b

Default DEM000b

Hi. I'm still struggling with the AWD on my 04 XC70.

I've replaced the pump, filter, fluid and 40mpa pressure sensor. XEmodex gave me a rebuilt module because mine had been corroded.

After that it still did not work.

I invested in an aftermarket vida system. By trial and error, I got it to work by clearing the faults.

It worked for about a week after that, but then tripped out with a dem000b pressure fault. By clearing the faults, I can get it to work for a week at a time before it trips out again. It's a hassle because my vida is on a desktop that I have to drag outside and set up, and I can't drive around with it. I think it seems to trip on on rainy days, but I can't be sure.

Here's a screen shot at idle. Anyone have any ideas? I saw on anther forum someone had a similar problem, but noone responded with any ideas

Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4020c.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	9193

If anyone knew of a quick way to reset faults, that would be great too. Pulling the dem fuse, or disconnecting battery does not seem to work

You may try a bluetooth OBD dongle and Torque Pro as shown in this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKAM8XupICU
    The dongle in the video is quite big, I have a smaller model like this one:
    https://www.dx.com/p/elm327-obdii-bl...e-2023047.html
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)

Default torque pro

I've tried torquepro/odb but it doesn't see or clear dem faults.

My old cabled odb tool doesn't work either.

I'm sure that someone could write and odb/bluetooth app to clear volvo codes, if they had the expertise.

Maybe check back with XemodeX. If it's something easy or obvious, they might have some suggestions to check. One of your electrical contacts could be dirty?

I don't have my VIDA/DiCE up and running, but clearing codes shouldn't be difficult. Click on each code that comes up after you do a new scan. If I remember correctly, you get a screen with details for that code. In the bottom right-hand corner of one of the screens (you may have to scroll down to see it), you should have an ERASE or CLEAR button you can click.
    2007 XC70, 206,000 miles
    2002 V70XC, 130,000 miles, parts car

Quote Originally Posted by Xfingers View Post
    Maybe check back with XemodeX. If it's something easy or obvious, they might have some suggestions to check. One of your electrical contacts could be dirty?

I don't have my VIDA/DiCE up and running, but clearing codes shouldn't be difficult. Click on each code that comes up after you do a new scan. If I remember correctly, you get a screen with details for that code. In the bottom right-hand corner of one of the screens (you may have to scroll down to see it), you should have an ERASE or CLEAR button you can click.
    Clearing faults with vida is easy, but I have to schelp my desktop down to the driveway and set it up, which is a lot of work to do on a weekly basis. A windows 7 pro laptop would work, but I remember the nightmare I had setting up vida on my desktop.

I will try to talk to xemodex, although I have not found them that useful in the past.

Someone clever needs to do an odb-volvo phone app. All it would need to do is be able to show the faults, and allow them to be cleared. I will try to send a suggestion to torquepro

For a total of $200, I bought an HP laptop with Win7 and an SSD. Loaded VIDA onto that and it works fine. It's a dedicated machine for just my Volvos.

I have a similar dedicated machine for my Mercedes software/MUX that runs WinXP and I put an SSD in that one, too.
    Current Fleet:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax 4WD 1794
    2005 MB S600 (126K, Michelin AS4, HPL 0W40)
    2005 MB SL600 (55K Michelin AS4, Mobil 1 0W40)
    2004 V70R (143K, six speed M66, HPL 5W40)
    2004 XC90 (235K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-XC (295K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-T5 (225K, IPD bars, Bilsteins)
    2001 V70-T5 (125K, IPD downpipe, cat back and other mods)
    1932 Packard Sedan (straight 8, dual sidemounts, original paint and interior, Shell Rotella 15W40)

Default XP laptop

Quote Originally Posted by Astro14 View Post
    For a total of $200, I bought an HP laptop with Win7 and an SSD. Loaded VIDA onto that and it works fine. It's a dedicated machine for just my Volvos.

I have a similar dedicated machine for my Mercedes software/MUX that runs WinXP and I put an SSD in that one, too.
    I have an old XP notebook that I hacked to make it think it was XP pro, but vida still would not install on it. Insists on W 7. Two W 7 CDs I had kicking around would not install.
    If anyone knows an XP hack that would cause vida to think it's W 7 I'd love to hear it.

Do you have any other errors? Can you post a screenshot with the codes the next time you'll be resetting them?
    2002 V70 (sold)
    2005 XC70 (Telos Road took it. Did a chassis swap)
    2016 XC60 (sold, P.O.S.)

Quote Originally Posted by mitel View Post
    Insists on W 7.

If anyone knows an XP hack that would cause vida to think it's W 7 I'd love to hear it.
    Check ebay - a legal win7 pro on a disc can be had for less than $20, allegedly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast