Default 2010 XC70 tire advice

Hello
    My LR tire developed an irreparable leak on the sidewall. Overall tread depth on the Continental tire set is pretty good and it would be nice to avoid replacing the whole set.
    However, I'm aware of the sensitivity of these AWDs to mixed tires. My regular mechanic suggested I could do a used tire if the tread depth with within 2/32" of the rest of the tires.
    Checked with three tire shops today and they either don't deal much in used tires or don't have this somewhat uncommon size (235/50R18). So we're not even getting to discussing tread depth.
    So I could continue to bury more time into running around searching out a replacement tire, or bite the bullet for a new set.

For a new set, I'm thinking of going with Costco, who has a deal on good Michelins right now. I definitely want very high quality tires (maybe not top end, but higher end). When I still had my 2001 Cross Country, a tire shop once told me that the proper tires for the car have a higher load rating than normal passenger car miles.

So I'm wondering--
    Does anyone know what the original stock tires were on the 2010 XC70 T6, and their specs?
    If you were to buy a new set for YOUR 2010 XC70 T6, what would you go with?

Thanks for any input!

BTW I should point out that I want all-season tires and I live in relatively mild wintered northern California.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakland Bob View Post
    Does anyone know what the original stock tires were on the 2010 XC70 T6, and their specs?
    Tire rack.com has that information - (original equipment tire, and specs)

I have a 2015 XC70 T6, and recently went through a similar process. The choices are limited for this tire size (235/50R18). I went with Bridgestone Turanza Quiettracks which is an 80,000 mile tire, based on the driver reviews on TireRack.com. The tires replaced were Continental CrossContact, which I presume were the originals.

Have you searched the online used tire apps? I just turned in 4 good Continentals with about 6/32" tread left, in the SF East Bay. They're out there somewhere.
    2013 XC70 T6 Flamenco Red (hers)
    2015 XC70 T6 Seashell Metallic (his)
    past: 13 Volvos going back to '74 242 sedan

Quote Originally Posted by pbierre View Post
    Have you searched the online used tire apps? I just turned in 4 good Continentals with about 6/32" tread left, in the SF East Bay. They're out there somewhere.
    Thanks for the replies, both of you. tirerack.com is an amazing resource. pbierre what do you mean by "online used tire apps"? I have looked at a few used tire websites but can't find a suitable replacement. Also how does that actually work? Do I have the tire delivered to a tire shop?
    The tires on my XC70 are Conti SureContact RX. Rave reviews for those on the web and indeed I liked them a lot. At this point I'm leaning toward a full new set. I'll also look into the Bridgestones that you mentioned and perhaps a Michelin equivalent.

I was referring to what came up in Google search for "used tires":

BestUsedTires.com
    UTires.com
    TireRack.com's used tire branch

I've never purchased from any of these. But, I did notice that you can specify the tread depth, which would be important for replacing a single tire on an AWD car.
    2013 XC70 T6 Flamenco Red (hers)
    2015 XC70 T6 Seashell Metallic (his)
    past: 13 Volvos going back to '74 242 sedan