Default Seat Belts Difficult to Open

I've searched online, and in this forum, and while I get several matches around a seat belt that won't retract, I'm not finding anything about the actual latch that is difficult to open.

About 5 years ago, we found it difficult to open the driver's seat belt. There was nothing lodged in it (coins), and ultimately it was fixed under warranty.

A few year later, and we're noticing all other belts are more difficult to open - one in the rear takes brute force to open. I'm fixing this regardless as I'd prefer my passengers to not burn to death while locked into a car, but had a couple of questions:

1. I can't find any other mentions about this. Surely I can't be the only 2012 XC70 with the issue. (?)
    2. I'm well out of warranty at this point, but I believe core safety items like this may be covered. Just curious.

Thanks!

In the 2013 Warranty Book, it says that seat belts and SRS are warranteed for 5 years (unlimited miles).

I haven't heard of this problem before. An option would be to order matching seat belts from an online salvage company.

Disconnect the battery while working on seat belts...they are electronic sensors -- part of the SRS system. Take photos before unbolting seat belt anchorages, so that it gets reassembled exactly.

If a fault is detected, you'll need VIDA or a dealer to reset an SRS fault.
    Last edited by pbierre; 12-16-2019 at 07:24 AM.
    2013 XC70 T6 Flamenco Red (hers)
    2015 XC70 T6 Seashell Metallic (his)
    past: 13 Volvos going back to '74 242 sedan

I have used Wurth silicon spray in my drivers seat belt buckle latch when the release starts to get stiff to release the buckle on the shoulder belt. A quick shot into where the buckle goes, a bit around the edges as well and work the release several times to work it through the spray into mechanism. 200k km car and I have done this twice with no issues so far.

Thanks for the replies.

I had considered a lubricant, but was concerned that it might remain on the tab, and ruin clothing as it was buckled.

In any event, I've never seen this before on any vehicle - it is very strange.